Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 06:58 PM

7,364 posts, read 4,146,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I pretty much agree w/the movies that some don't like: Elf (it was okay to watch once but that was enough), Home Alone (ACK after 1 viewing), the Grinch w/Jim Carey, Polar Express, the later versions of Scrooge, I'm sure there are more I can't think of. Bring back the classics.
The Grinch w/Jim Carey - saw it once and never again! It's lost all of the charm of the original one.

This is exactly how I feel about Polar Express -

Quote:
The Polar Express Voted 'Best Christmas Movie' By Serial Killers

WORLD — The Polar Express has officially won the title of "Best Christmas Movie" amongst deranged, psychotic serial killers.

While normal humans find the film to be an unending string of nightmarish horror, The Polar Express has garnered praise from unhinged lunatics.
https://babylonbee.com/news/polar-ex...serial-killers

Whose brilliant idea was it to make a scary hallucinogenic Christmas movies for kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I've only watched the trailer.
However, the people responsible for A Christmas Story 2 should be banished from the planet.
I watched A Christmas Story once, but I won't watch it again. As for A Christmas Story 2 - I'll pass on it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
The Hallmark ones.
Sure you might find a worthwhile Hallmark movie, but you have watch so many cheesy movies before you find the good one. But, did you hear about the big city executive who forgot the meaning of Christmas? He/she goes to a small town to learn about Christmas, community, and true love!
Yeah, the plot of every Hallmark movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 11:51 PM

993 posts, read 545,633 times
I think Scrooged and the original animated Grinch are the only ones I like. I could do without the rest.

Old 12-04-2023, 04:48 AM

7,613 posts, read 3,265,767 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/reti...-holidays.html

Old 12-04-2023, 05:34 AM

8,051 posts, read 10,642,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post

Sure you might find a worthwhile Hallmark movie, but you have watch so many cheesy movies before you find the good one. But, did you hear about the big city executive who forgot the meaning of Christmas? He/she goes to a small town to learn about Christmas, community, and true love!
Yeah, the plot of every Hallmark movie.
Ha ha, nailed it!

Old 12-04-2023, 05:59 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
POLAR EXPRESS. It's disturbing and downright creepy. I hate it.

WHITE CHRISTMAS. Yeah, they can sing and dance. Yes, the music is great. The movie is sooooooo boring.

SANTA WITH MUSCLES. Starring Hulk Hogan. This movie exists. I promise. It's almost worth watching, in the same way that you can't look away watching a bridge collapse.

Old 12-04-2023, 06:21 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
POLAR EXPRESS. It's disturbing and downright creepy. I hate it.

WHITE CHRISTMAS. Yeah, they can sing and dance. Yes, the music is great. The movie is sooooooo boring.

SANTA WITH MUSCLES. Starring Hulk Hogan. This movie exists. I promise. It's almost worth watching, in the same way that you can't look away watching a bridge collapse.
""White Christmas" just reminded me of a movie I no longer enjoy at all, and I think it might actually now join my 'hate' list --Holiday Inn. I did enjoy it for many years, but now I can't even stand to watch it, due to the black-face and its very demeaning treatment of Blacks. (I don't mean or want to turn this into a political thing at all, but I am jut explaining why I don't like that movie anymore.)

P.S. I don't like White Christmas, either because it just seems stupid to me. I do like many old Christmas movies (It's A Wonderful Life, Christmas Carol (1951), The Bishop's Wife, Miracle on 34th Street, and It Happened on 5th Avenue.), but those are not as "cringe-y", in my opinion, as Holiday Inn and White Christmas -- again, this is my opinion.

Old 12-04-2023, 10:09 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
'LOVE' this thread.

The Home Alone movies
Elf
The Santa Clause
Nightmare Before Christmas
Jingle All The Way
Bad Santa

I can go for that. Home Alone (and Mousehunt) hit me all on the wrong notes. Slapstick comedy, where it is just one joke after another, be it Airplane, MOSSAD, Pink Panther, or whatever, is absolutely painful to me.

Elf (and Galaxy Quest) because I don't like seeing people portrayed as idiots.

The others I have never seen and probably never will because they easily fall into "what passes for entertainment today" and that is a world I avoid.

Old 12-04-2023, 10:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
So many sad, saggy old movies, and saccharine hallmark fluff.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:38 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,912,913 times
How about Santa Claus Conquers the Martians?

That's a movie that's so bad, you can't help watching it (like Plan 9 From Outer Space).

https://youtu.be/L4SZyeUGSM4

Old 12-04-2023, 01:28 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,082,449 times
You forgot Jack Frost, and Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies