Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times

Advertisements

I liked the old Spaghetti Westerns, with Clint Eastwood. One in particular is the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Another favorite is a comedy that was made in 1962, with the then new technology called "Cinerama". The movie is called It's a Mad Mad Mad World. I have the movie on DVD, remastered in surround sound and I like watching it every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM

625 posts, read 3,636,011 times
Teen Witch
Some Kind of Wonderful
Sixteen Candles
The Out of Towners (the original)
A Raisin in the Sun
Cool Hand Luke
and there was an old movie that starred a black woman who's daughter was passing for white and the black mother became the maid and bestfriend of a white woman but the black daughter just hated it so much because she was passing for white and would go crazy when her mom would show up and people would find out she was really black.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:44 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,335 times
Three movies i remember way back , It's a mad,mad world, the original Poseidon, and The Birds, the first two was jam packed with celebs !

Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,736,301 times
I like the comedies best... funny & clean
Topper (all of them)
Arsenic & Old Lace
The Philadelphia Story
Bringing up Baby
Harvey
Any Bob Hope - love the road trips
Gigi
Sabrina
Some Like it Hot
How to Marry a Millionaire
The Doris Day Collection

I could go on and on....

Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,288 times
Bedazzled (the original Peter Cook/Dudley Moore/Raquel Welch)

The Horse's Mouth (Alec Guiness!)

I was born a Yank, but I love that British humor!

Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,308 times
I love all the movies that Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis made together. I love all of Doris Day's musicals. The "road" movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. The old Charlie Chan mystery movies. Hush, Hush Sweet Charlette and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. The Pit and the Pendulum (with Vincent Price). The original Parent Trap movie(I thought the dad's house was sooo cool). Pretty much of all the disney movies Hayley Mills made. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. All of Jerry Lewis's solo movies. And many more I can't think of right now.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Teen Witch
Some Kind of Wonderful
Sixteen Candles
The Out of Towners (the original)
A Raisin in the Sun
Cool Hand Luke
and there was an old movie that starred a black woman who's daughter was passing for white and the black mother became the maid and bestfriend of a white woman but the black daughter just hated it so much because she was passing for white and would go crazy when her mom would show up and people would find out she was really black.
Is the movie that you are thinking of called "Imitation of Life"?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Tabacco Road, that was a good one.

I need help with this one, I don't know the name or actors, I saw it a long time ago. I think it was from the 50's
It was about a husband and wife who bought a place I believe on the gulf of Mexico, the husband got trapped on the beach by an old pier support and the tide was coming in, the wife had to go for help, she ended up finding a criminal who was being chased by the police to help her.anyone know it? I would like to find it.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Tabacco Road, that was a good one.

I need help with this one, I don't know the name or actors, I saw it a long time ago. I think it was from the 50's
It was about a husband and wife who bought a place I believe on the gulf of Mexico, the husband got trapped on the beach by an old pier support and the tide was coming in, the wife had to go for help, she ended up finding a criminal who was being chased by the police to help her.anyone know it? I would like to find it.
Was it in color or black & white? And was it a drama?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 PM

60 posts, read 222,631 times
Anyone ever watch "We're No Angels", the original with Humphrey Bogart and Aldo Ray? It's a classic. They should've never remade and ruined the story with DeNiro & Penn. How about "The African Queen"?

Also, classics like: Some Like It Hot; Cape Fear (the original); To Kill A Mockingbird; Arsenic & Old Lace; Bell, Book and Candle; Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream Home; and, a newer one (from the early 80s), My Favorite Year (with Peter O'Toole). So many more, but don't want to repeat from other's lists.

To Roaddog: the actress in that film was Barbara Stanwick and it was in B & W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies