Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,900,057 times

Advertisements

The Lost Boys

double you Corey, double your fun. Plus vampires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Some Kind of Wonderful
Definitely! That line at the end, when Keith tells Watts that she looks good wearing his future...great line! I had a massive crush on Eric Stoltz for a while after seeing this movie, and I remember having a "squee!" moment when Keith kissed Watts in the garage. (Must now go rent this movie!)

Does The Goonies count as a teen movie? I dunno, but it's definitely one of my favorites from when I was a teen.

Other random favorites from when I was a teenager in the 80s, although not all of these were "teen" movies:
Iron Eagle
Sixteen Candles
The Abyss
Big
The Man from Snowy River
Dead Poets Society
Starman
Starlight Hotel
Anne of Green Gables
The Far Pavilions
Red Dawn
Wargames
Solarbabies
The Lost Boys
Real Genius (Val Kilmer)
Back to the Future
Chariots of Fire
Empire of the Sun
Highlander
Raiders of the Lost Ark
TAPS (Sean Penn, Tom Cruise, Timothy Hutton)
The Princess Bride

Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,187 times
Great picks by everyone but I need to add "Adventures in Babysitting" to the list.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:56 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
16 Candles
Can't Buy Me Love
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Pretty In Pink
Rock N Roll High School
Some Kind Of Wonderful
The Breakfast Club
The Lost Boys
Three O Clock High
Weird Science
Valley Girl
Vision Quest

Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Sixteen Candles

Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,340 times
Taking into consideration the some teen movies some of you've mentioned I suppose I have a right to post here "Scarface" as a teen movie cause it's sure one of my 80s fave Lol Anyway the definition of a teen movie is pretty vague.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,821,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Does The Goonies count as a teen movie? I dunno, but it's definitely one of my favorites from when I was a teen.

I loved it when I was a kid. It was an amazing movie. Super great!
I believe it's kid movie yet. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
Other random favorites from when I was a teenager in the 80s, although not all of these were "teen" movies:
Iron Eagle
Highlander
Are you into Queen? Lol
As you probably know all soundtrack to Highlander was made by Queen. "Princes of the Universe" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" themes are my faves. Anyway, the movie (and the series) are really cult things. I'm not into Highlander but it was super popular those days. Really classic.

As for Iron Eagle. I don't remember watching that film but what I know for sure is that "One Vision", Queen was used as a part of the soundtrack to Iron Eagle.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashM View Post
Are you into Queen? Lol
As you probably know all soundtrack to Highlander was made by Queen. "Princes of the Universe" and "Who Wants To Live Forever" themes are my faves. Anyway, the movie (and the series) are really cult things. I'm not into Highlander but it was super popular those days. Really classic.
I'm not actually a big Queen fan. I would be able to recognize their better known songs, of course, but I don't necessarily know too much about the band or their music -- although the first time I saw Adam Lambert on American Idol, I thought there was something extremely Freddy Mercury-esque about him. I thought he had Mercury's theatricality and amazing range. Anyway, I do think that Queen's soundtrack for Highlander was perfect and probably helped to make it such a cult favorite. I just love that movie. (Sword fights, romance, Sean Connery, Scotland. What's not to love??)

The sequels, however, suck giant donkey balls. Which makes sense, since, after all...there can be only one!!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,528 times
Lucas

Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Can't Buy Me Love should be mentioned too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies