Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 10:41 PM

9,762 posts, read 3,416,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
The name of that video pretty much describes what you call music. If the words were as meaningful as you say then perhaps wrap will self destruct sooner rather then later.
It's 'rap' sweetie.. not 'wrap'...

Imagine all the people living life in peace..

YouTube - common the light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,561 times
I like rap. I especially like Christian Rap, because it has that awesome beat with nice lyrics.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
So much for hip hop not being an inspiration.

YouTube - Slick Rick - Children's Story

So much for hip hop not being deep.

YouTube - Never Seen a Man Cry - Scarface

How about a song that even my Grandmother loves and she doesn't even care for hip hop. A strong dedication to our strong mothers.

YouTube - 2Pac - Dear Mama

This is but a small dose of what hip hop has to offer. But of course, I bet you only know only ONE of these songs.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
The name of that video pretty much describes what you call music. If the words were as meaningful as you say then perhaps wrap will self destruct sooner rather then later.
My God. Did you even try to listen to the song and listen to what they are speaking on. Probably not.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This is but a small dose of what hip hop has to offer. But of course, I bet you only know only ONE of these songs.
You sure about that?

From what I've read.. hardly any of these 'anti-rap' posters are listening to the links submitted to this thread.. even though many have went to great lengths to explain/share their love for Rap music.

What makes you think they listen to a whole song in real life?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:51 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,733,427 times
Quote:
Meaningless words to you. Meaningful words to people like me and my community. You have no idea of what you are talking about. You can't relate, you can't understand because you don't know. This isn't music for you so let it go. None of the hip hop I grew up is jumbled together whatever that means anyway. But it is for people like me not people like you because you don't understand.

Let me tell you something. Rap is music. Rap is part of the culture of hip hop( a culture which you don't obviously know anything about). They are professional artists and many are profession musicians and they aren't in the business to sing and to call them singers is rediculous. BTW, what machine are you talking about? If you're talking about T-Pain, what part don't you understand that what you hear on the radio or see on tv is not indicative of the entire genre.

This is the part that really takes the cake and I find it hilarious. Many hip hop artists are inspirations and they have made many songs that have inspired a great number of young black men in our communities. You need to talk about what you know. Rap music is not the only genre that has had problems with arrests, drugs, or sexual problems. And you do not know me. You do not know what inspires me. You don't know the type of hip hop I and many other people listen to. You don't know anything about my community, about me, about what we go through, about what we relate to, and about us. You are on the outside looking and you simply do not know.

Watch this video.

YouTube - Self Destruction

You don't know anything about what we are about. I'm about done with this thread.
Rap IS NOT music. There may be a few good songs, but most of it is crappy and pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
I like rap. I especially like Christian Rap, because it has that awesome beat with nice lyrics.
Now Christian Rap probably isn't bad because of the fact that it is Christian. That probably is the only rap that is tolerable.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM

Now I will say that I listened to a few of the music links on previous pages and they were just proving my point more than anybody else's point because they were all bad.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Meaningless words to you. Meaningful words to people like me and my community. You have no idea of what you are talking about. You can't relate, you can't understand because you don't know. This isn't music for you so let it go. None of the hip hop I grew up is jumbled together whatever that means anyway. But it is for people like me not people like you because you don't understand.

Let me tell you something. Rap is music. Rap is part of the culture of hip hop( a culture which you don't obviously know anything about). They are professional artists and many are profession musicians and they aren't in the business to sing and to call them singers is rediculous. BTW, what machine are you talking about? If you're talking about T-Pain, what part don't you understand that what you hear on the radio or see on tv is not indicative of the entire genre.

This is the part that really takes the cake and I find it hilarious. Many hip hop artists are inspirations and they have made many songs that have inspired a great number of young black men in our communities. You need to talk about what you know. Rap music is not the only genre that has had problems with arrests, drugs, or sexual problems. And you do not know me. You do not know what inspires me. You don't know the type of hip hop I and many other people listen to. You don't know anything about my community, about me, about what we go through, about what we relate to, and about us. You are on the outside looking and you simply do not know.

Watch this video.

YouTube - Self Destruction

You don't know anything about what we are about. I'm about done with this thread.
You saying that rap is music would be like me putting liquid hand sanitizer in a cup and trying to pass it off as Sprite. It doesn't work. Rap ISN'T music, maybe it's "poetry", but the majority of it is just pure, utter noise!

Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
You sure about that?

From what I've read.. hardly any of these 'anti-rap' posters are listening to the links submitted to this thread.. even though many have went to great lengths to explain/share their love for Rap music.

What makes you think they listen to a whole song in real life?
Yeah, you're right. I'm expecting to much from them, I guess.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Rap IS NOT music. There may be a few good songs, but most of it is crappy and pointless.

Now Christian Rap probably isn't bad because of the fact that it is Christian. That probably is the only rap that is tolerable.
Gotta love your method, man..
In YOUR opinion it is crappy and pointless. But you know.. you're just throwing adjectives around... just hating.

So, why is Christian rap more preferable? Because of the content? So.. Rap is not music because the content is not appropriate, by your standards. Wow....

Remember when you said (a couple pages back) how you prefer Donna Summer's orgasms (Love to Love You Baby) to Rap music.. that's not very Christian of you.. shame, shame!

I'm lifting this one from the poster: PrinceTheo..

One of my favs and haven't heard it in a long time but luckily I come to the Music forum to enjoy tunes and there are people who love Rap that are still sticking around.. in spite of the hate... thankfully.

YouTube - Method Man Feat. Mary J. Blige - I'll Be There For You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music