Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,528 times

Advertisements

I'm a 25 yo female and my mother and I are looking to move to the myrtle beach area in a few months. We are interested in renting but will eventually buy a house within a year or so of living there. She fortunately can bring her work with her. I on the other hand am unemployed and looking to hopefully go back to school and get some kind of part time job for the time being. We live in NJ and are very nervous but excited about our move being that I have lived here a long time. I've heard a lot of things about MB being "high crime" but I know it can be considered high crime and still have decent areas where we will feel safe and at home. We will probably be able to afford something in the $800- $900. If anyone can please help a girl out with some advice about sections of MB that we should pay attention to or stay away from would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 05:54 AM

22 posts, read 45,524 times
You can use the search feature here or just browse threads. Many people have the same questions..One area to research is the Market Common. After looking for myself and I am from NY. I liked this area for a rental apartment. You might call one of the apartment managers there and ask your question..There is more then one complex in different price ranges to investigate. This will at least get your ball rolling. Good Luck!

Old 02-24-2014, 02:06 PM

285 posts, read 639,211 times
The "high crime" associated with Myrtle Beach is mostly a myth and is only the result of the fact that the tourist population is not included when computing the crime rate. All they do is take total crimes and divide by the steady population and get a high number. If they instead divided by (steady population + tourist population) like they should, then Myrtle would not be in the top 100 most dangerous cities. That said, don't walk home drunk by yourself from a nightclub alone at 3am shouting derogatory slurs.

In any event, I find North Myrtle Beach to be ideal. It's a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Myrtle, but still close enough to everything. Crime is lower here too. You may want to check out the apartments available in Barefoot Resort. Farther north check out the units at Robbers Roost or even more north in Little River check out the Village at the Glens. If you want to be in Myrtle Beach proper then check out the rentals at Myrtlewood. If you don't mind being 20 minutes from the beach then the Aberdeen town homes off Rt 9 would work. Really, there are a zillion places to live that would fit your criteria.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM

15 posts, read 33,272 times
I am moving this summer (also from NJ) - Market Common is great to visit, and would be fun to live, especially coming from north...but it is prob $100-150 more than you have to pay for the same amenities. look slightly west of the intercoastal - river oaks, Carolina forest blvd. if you want to be out a little, longs is nice - have a friend that owns a condo in Aberdeen GC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area