Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 PM

5 posts, read 36,590 times

Advertisements

I was on my way from picking my mother up in Myrtle Beach in May of 2008. She has spent the week with my brother and sister and nephew at the Beach. We were going to Virginia to see my youngest daughter graduate from College. It was somewhere between 4 and 5 in the afternoon.
I am a native North Carolinian. I am aware that South Carolina, especially along the Beach Route is notorious for ticketing out of staters.
I guess I was preoccupied that day.
I was driving through the lovely town of Nichols. I was being careful to observe the 25 mph then 35 mph speed limit. Number 9 narrows from 4 to two lanes just at the town limit. The 55 mph speed limit sign is plainly visible. I found myself in the lane that was about to end. I tried to change lanes. The red van in the outer lane actually sped up to try to prevent me from getting over. I had to do something of end up in the woods.
In hindsight, I probably should have slammed on my brakes and went into the ditch and wrecked my car. Well, maybe not, the cop probably would have cited me for wreckless driving.
What I did was put the pedal down a little and the old buick showed her stuff and got me out of a jam. Old Van Wick or Van Ass, or what ever the local constables name is was a-hidin in the bushes!!
Now mind you, the 55 mph speed limit sign is no more than 50 to 75 feet from where the road goes from four lanes to two lanes, right where old van wick was a-watin. Like a hunter waiting on a deer to come to a salt lick or a fisherman knowing where the fish are, old van wick was a-watin. He had pulled this trick before!

Van Wick came at me with his siren a-wailin and his light a-blazin I pulled over, he came out with his song and dance and wrote me a ticket. I went on about my business.
Having contributed $250.00 to a South Carolina scallywag shyster several years ago, only to pay a fine and get points, I tried to make the best deal for myself.
One fine day, not too long after I presented myself to old Van Wick.
I beseached him to let me plead to a non moving violation. He told me North Carolina would not do any thing to me. Well I Know otherwise and implored him to let me plead to a non moving violation. This is possible in North Carolina. I paid a shyster $150.00 here and got my daughter off a 54 in a 35 scott free.
I gave on van ass $125.00 cash and I left Nicols thinking that old Van ass was going to cut me some slack.
Much to my shygrin and consternation, not to mention my upset stomach, I got a notice today that Nationwide is going to raise my rates.
On July 4th this year I spent my money in Topsail beach. I intend to boycott South Carolina beaches from now on.
Let this be a warning to all ye souls from North Carolina or otherwise, Beware Van Ass and his hiding place in Nichols!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 05:32 PM

765 posts, read 1,910,339 times
Slow down and pay attention and then in the future you get to avoid tickets. Don't blame the cops for your lack of attention.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
And you better ... always SLOW down and obey the speed limit signs in McBee, SC when you are heading to the beach. That is their major source of income and the annual budget is based upon the traffic violation revenue.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 PM

347 posts, read 933,835 times
Sounds Like Emporia in VA...

Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Absolutely agree about Emporia, VA being a speed trap. Nearly everyone I know who travels from Sc to NJ and vice versa has been stopped and either ticketed or warned in Emporia, myself included. Some ranged from 3-5 mph over, some more....

Old 12-25-2008, 02:06 PM

dear elvis lives,
Your comprehension of what you read isn't very good. I said in my post that I was obeying the speed limit and was paying attention. Van Ass, the nichols cop, knows that the road comes to a quick two lane from a four lane. I was caught in the ending lane. The ass in the red van would not voulantairly let me over. There were cars behind me, following me closely. I have never had a ticket any where but in South Carolina on my way to the beach. Those asses make their money by robbing tourists. thanks for your comment. I hope that if you are ever caught in the same situation, you get two tickets. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:17 PM

dear carolina woman,
I know macbee. Didn't some fellow put up a sign just out side of town there warning about the speed trap? Those penile challanged "law men" get kickbacks for every ticket they write. I was on my way back to fort jackson in October of 1972 about 2 a m on a Monday morning when I was stopped and accused of passing on a double line. I had 6 bucks in my pocket. That crooked b@#$%^& took it all. I was lucky I had enough gas to get back to my company area.
Thank you for your comment, Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2008, 02:23 PM

dear plf86,
You are right about emporia, va and any where else in va as a matter of fact. I think that when they hire cops in va one of the questions on the application is, "Are you now or have you ever been an a-hole". If the answer is yes, then you are automatically hired.
Thank you for your comment, Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:30 PM

dear rrufast,
Like I said, to qualify for being a flat foot cop in va you gotta answer yes to "Are you now, or have you ever been an a-hole". Thanks for your comment, Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 PM

765 posts, read 1,910,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjohnson752 View Post
dear elvis lives,
Your comprehension of what you read isn't very good. I said in my post that I was obeying the speed limit and was paying attention. Van Ass, the nichols cop, knows that the road comes to a quick two lane from a four lane. I was caught in the ending lane. The ass in the red van would not voulantairly let me over. There were cars behind me, following me closely. I have never had a ticket any where but in South Carolina on my way to the beach. Those asses make their money by robbing tourists. thanks for your comment. I hope that if you are ever caught in the same situation, you get two tickets. Merry Christmas.
I read it quite well you came here broke the law had to pay for it now chose to cry like a little girl.. I have no sympathy for you if i can drive over 3000 miles a week with no incidents so can you .. Be a man take your punishment and wipe your eyes.. Blowing snot bubbles will not change a thing ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area