Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,742 times

Advertisements

I drove thru Lakeview which backs on to Lake Radnor - great location but nothing that worked for me was for sale. I am a writer looking under 400k for a 3200 sq ft approx move-in condition house in a treed non-fishbowl subdivision where you can walk your dog to a park or walking trail to preferably on the westside of Nashville and within 20 minutes to shopping around greens hills and hillsboro pike whole foods area.. So hickory area would I think be too far...

or if that doesn't work -any neighborhoods in Franklin or Brentwood or Bellevue with lots of trees and or close to a green space that isn't a bezillion dollars?

I understand there are areas around the Harpeth but don't I have to worry about the flooding there? The sellers there seem to be going out of their way to tell me they were NOt affected by the flood!

Schools are not an issue. Some of the older treed subdivisions are really nice!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 06:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I'm not familiar with Lakeview around Radnor Lake. The Radnor area is one of the most desirable areas in Nashville, so the homes are usually sky high.
If you want a treed neighborhood, that means built at least before 1990, probably before 1980. That could rule out the "move-in ready" criterion.
Some of the 1950s/1960s neighborhoods in West Meade are not walkable at all or near trails either.

I'd encourage you to consider Brenthaven in Brentwood. The listing below meets most of your criteria. It's on a quiet end of the street with quiet neighbors, and you can easily access the Brentwood library and all of Brentwood's amazing system of bike/walking paths. The fixtures are older. SO if move-in ready means "redone," it wouldn't work. If it means "perfectly fine and functioning," it's great.

I live in Brenthaven and know a couple of people who write for a living and don't find it cookie-cutter at all. At either end of the subdivision, you are one traffic light away from I-65. There is a Whole Foods about 6 minutes away from this house.

http://www.realtracs.com/PropertyDet...xXov5EqPB2TpsA

Otherwise, I know Fieldstone Farms is a planned community, but it is a straight shot up Hillsboro Road to Green Hills and has a trail system.

As for flooding, I would say that if people are going out of their way to say they weren't affected, I would listen. My house is technically located in a flood plain but had absolutely no water damage last May, while some of our neighbors did. I think people figure if they weren't affected then, they won't be affected in the future so they want to point it out.

My advice for Bellevue would be to avoid a property that is on the Harpeth or a subdivision where "River" is part of the name.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 03-11-2011 at 06:44 AM..

Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 AM

228 posts, read 528,645 times
@Wmsn4life: Very fair advice on Brenthaven. Also, always has a solid market appeal given the space and incredible convenience to Brentwood and Cool Springs.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 AM

374 posts, read 693,467 times
If you're not looking for a large lot there are several listings here at Harpeth Trace Estates (across from and adjacent to the fab Percy Warner Park). Even an auction this weekend with an opening bid of 50k! Five minutes to shopping in Belle Meade.

If quiet is on your list of needs this is without a doubt the most silent 'hood I've ever lived in. With the exception of the train which I kinda like.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:21 PM

59 posts, read 194,037 times
You could find something very nice in the Bellevue area in your price range. I'm currently looking in the area and we have found some great stuff under 200k even with a nice sized lot. That would all be in a nice distance from the Warner parks, Belle Meade, and Cheekwood (and 10-15 minute drive from Radnor)
Also, sellers are required to disclose any flood damage, if they say it wasn't involved in the flood i would definitely believe them. It's a selling tactic to remove any question from the buyers mind. If the price is questionably low, there is new hardwood, or newly renovated, its possible that it had some flood damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville