Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 AM

8 posts, read 53,787 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My boyfriend is an EMT-IV looking for a job in the Clarksville/Nashville area.
Does anyone know of any openings? Or contact information for any EMS or private companies that might be hiring?

Anything would be helpful. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
The EMT services in Nashville is run by the Fire Department (same in Clarksville, I believe). In Nashville there is also a number of hospitals that use EMTs in various capacities, and a number of private ambulance services.

If I was him, I'll look up the various services and call them and/or send a resume in.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:07 AM

56 posts, read 233,500 times
Nashville is still taking applications for EMT. Also you can check out robertson county EMS there number is 384-2186. I know the names of some private services but dont know the numbers.

First Call
Pride Care
Liberty

Dont know if he just does EMS or does he want fire? If he wants fire I know clarksville is going to be hiring 15 soon and some other areas will also be hiring again soon. I know Springfield closed the application process in January but they are hiring 6.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Thank you both very much.
He is an EMT IV, who is currently in school to get his Paramedics.
He's strictly EMS, absolutely loves it.
I looked up the private companies & found their websites.
Thank you for the number for Robertson Co EMS.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:05 PM

56 posts, read 233,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung16 View Post
Thank you both very much.
He is an EMT IV, who is currently in school to get his Paramedics.
He's strictly EMS, absolutely loves it.
I looked up the private companies & found their websites.
Thank you for the number for Robertson Co EMS.
No problem. One question how long before he gets out of paramedic school? Once he gets out of paramedic school I can assure you he will have no problem finding a job with the shortage of paramedics. I forgot about these look into montgomery county EMS, Rutherford County EMS, Sumner County EMS, Wilson Emergency Management agency. Most of these have county websites that you can email and get information. All of these surround nashville.

Take care

Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 AM

Well, he just started. So about a year.
I certainly hope it will be a little easier. He submitted his application to Montgomery Co EMS about 2 weeks ago, and whenever he calls to check on it, they say they're still processing applications.
But I will definetly look up those other counties. Thanks again!!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM

1 posts, read 11,287 times
Default Looking for Ems Jobs

Hey everyone,
Does anyone no who is hiring for emt's that is willing to put me through a certification class. I was certified in New York but when I left for college my certification ran out and I was unable at the time to do a recert. Im currently in the New york area working on a project and will be back in Nashville in september some time but am willing to come back if needed to fullfil this certification class. If anyone can help me out I do appreciate it.

Bobby Rose Jr

Old 12-19-2008, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 10,459 times
Default jobs

i am from atlantic city ,nj. im looking to mov to nashville in spring time and was wondering how ems is ran there, can anyone help me?
for instance we here are emts, and call for medics if we need them. im looking to do 911... not transport! thx my email address is [EMAIL="witchy72@msn.com"]witchy72@msn.com[/EMAIL]

Old 12-19-2008, 11:18 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchy72 View Post
i am from atlantic city ,nj. im looking to mov to nashville in spring time and was wondering how ems is ran there, can anyone help me?
for instance we here are emts, and call for medics if we need them. im looking to do 911... not transport! thx
Check with Metro Fire Department which runs the ems service. Here's there is so many hospitals around that a patient is immediately taken to a hospital rather than calling for anyone else. I believe all Metro firemen are also qualified as "first responders" (but I'm not completely sure about that).

If you're interested, some of the hospitals also have air ambulance (Life Flight) services.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 7,557 times
Default have a job opening if he's still interested

If your boyfriend's interested (I realize it's a long shot, being 3 years later), I have an opening - it's M-F 8-5 in Clarksville. We're looking to flll the position ASAP. Please email me at sarahanne013@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung16 View Post
Hello,

My boyfriend is an EMT-IV looking for a job in the Clarksville/Nashville area.
Does anyone know of any openings? Or contact information for any EMS or private companies that might be hiring?

Anything would be helpful. Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville