Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,584 times

Advertisements

I'm a black male in late 30s considering moving from ATL to Springfield, TN. I like to know what is it like interns of the dating same for a black male. How is the social and night life as well. Please give me your input....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Gosh, I really don't know anything about Springfield. Had to look it up. Kind of in the middle of the two interstates. I don't think there's anyone on the board from Springfield . . . what brings you to Springfield? At least you'll be close enough to Nashville which has a pretty active night life . . .

Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
I've got family in Greenbriar which is close to Springfield but haven't lived in that area, but I'll take a stab at answering you. I wouldn't say there's much of a social or night life there. There are, I'm sure, some bars and a good number of restaurants in the area (actually Springfield has really grown as far as chain restaurants go) but you will not probably find a lively singles scene or nightlife there. Certainly nothing like you've got in ATL. Depending on where in the ATL you're coming from, you'll likely find Sprinfield to be pretty small and sleepy.

Are you working in Springfield? Is family there? Personally, if the dating scene and nightlife is important to you, I'd try to find a place closer to Nashville.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,883 times
Reallynot a place i would go find a date . You would want to be closer to Nashville. I live 15 min from Springfield and it is pretty quiet.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 AM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,497 times
I would not recommend Springfield for any young single adult looking for a socializing outside the home. Having lived in Atlanta back in the 80s and 90s, I'd say Springfield is similar to Covington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville