Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 AM

8 posts, read 14,476 times

Advertisements

I came down to Nashville yesterday to find an apartment and wanted to share my assessment. As an out-of-towner coming to Nashville, I felt the need to share my experience and help other out-of-towners. I looked exclusively in the Hendersonville/Goodlettsville area. Due to only having the day, I searched six apartment communities in five hours and my head is still spinning. Keep in mind, I am not from the Nashville area but will be relocating there very soon. Before making the trip, I comprised a list of properties to visit. My budget was not high end, so I tried to focus on the reviews online, images, and price ranges ($800-$950/2 bedroom).
This is my own personal subjective assessment: Summerfield Place in Goodlettsville had images online showing upgrades. However, the upgrades they display are the only ones I found. The apartments and apartment community were very old and worn down. Monthaven Park in Hendersonville was a very pleasant apartment community with plenty of amenities for enjoyment. However while the community was very appealing, the apartment I was shown was smaller than many and not as nice as my expectations. Although the kitchen was upgraded, the tub was discolored and showing wear. Nottingham Apartments (Hendersonville) was an older complex right on the lake with apartments matching in appearance. While the kitchens were upgraded, other features were showing their age. However there was a very nice lady (Jessica) who took the time to show us the community and discuss the Hendersonville area. Carrington Ridge (Hendersonville) apartments appeared very nice from the outside with french doors opening to the balcony. However the inside left much to be desired. The kitchen was upgraded while the rest of the apartment needed attention. Age and wear and tear were very apparent. Ventana on the Lake (Hendersonville) was at the top of my price range and had renovated apartments. It sat right on the lake, which I could view from the window. They had a brand new rental office with exercise facility. However, the apartments were cramped in space and their washer/dryer feature a bit disconcerting(washer/dryer all in one small unit/does both?). I was surprised by how the ladies from the office kept going on about who had lived there (Oprah Winfrey, Taylor Swift (went to school close by in the community), and numerous musicians). Williamsburg(Hendersonville) apartments gave me the best impression and I knew in my gut it was the right apartment community for me. The apartment was fully upgraded throughout (not just the kitchen--the same countertop ugrade in the kitchen was also in both bathrooms) and large in size. The community was extensive and parklike with many amenities (business office, exercise facility, laundry, and bike racks throughout). The office was full of prospective tenants all trying to rent from this community, making me feel more confident in my decision. The price was also very affordable even with short-term leases (9mos) vs normal (13 mos). They do offer many lease options but be aware of their leasing policies. Prices change daily and there is no logical rhyme or reason on how they determine their prices (an apartment open/available longer-they charge more to make up the rent?). The other downside is that they charge for water based on the number of tenants in each unit (not the unit water usage itself).

The thing I did notice was that all of the communities I visited were quiet and peaceful, with very friendly tenants and office staff. Many people waived or said hello.

While my assessment is my own personal experience, I hope it helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 08:47 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,093,586 times
REALLY helpful for anyone moving into Hendersonville or Goodlettsville. You have no idea! Thanks much for adding it to the forum

Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
Thanks for the input!

Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM

93 posts, read 422,735 times
Good to know! I am also considering moving to the Nashville area after the Holiday's. I will be looking for a 1-2 bedroom apt, hopefully renovated or newer built for no more than $850 per month. Does anyone know of any property management companies, or realtors that work with renters? I am hoping to find a private rental rather than an apartment complex. Thanks for the advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville