Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,448,982 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Brentwood is high on my list. Have heard a lot of good things about that area.

I would still be in Atlanta had the sprawl not become so out of hand there. It's just become a somewhat scary place to me, mostly because of the traffic, crime and illegal population. I realize it's somewhat of a paradox to move to such a popular city like Nashville and not expect to encounter growth, and that's not how I meant my original post to come across. It's just that it got so bad in Atlanta that it started bringing down the quality of life, and I'd hate to see that happen in Nashville too.

The way I see it, Nashville is at least 20 years from being anywhere near the size of Atlanta anyway. It seems like the suburbs that do exist only stretch from the south to northeast side of town right now. There doesn't seem to be much of anything on the west side or the north-northwest area out toward Clarkesville at all.......am I right about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Sounds right to me.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 AM

597 posts, read 2,109,069 times
Northwest Davidson County is development limited because of the hilly, rough terrain. Hopefully, it will stay that way. It's the home of Beaman Park, almost 2000 acres of trails and forests. It's a beautiful area to take a drive; almost other worldly...and to think you can be back in the city in 10 minutes amazes me. I'd say this area will stay relatively untouched for many years to come.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:54 PM

150 posts, read 619,933 times
Default Beaman Park

Hey IngleDave,
Thanks for the heads up on Beaman Park. I hadn't even heard of it before. I took my 4 year old son there today to do some hiking and we both had a blast.

It is very much like the woods that I tromped around in during my youth where I grew up (Elder Mtn. on the western edge of Chattanooga) and it made me nostalgic and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville