Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:43 PM

255 posts, read 69,348 times

Advertisements

Several of the reviews I've read on various websites have stated that the Opryland Hotel is a very noisy hotel with somewhat small rooms for such lofty prices ($224 per night starting this week) for rooms with and without balconies and other differences among them

I know it sits on several acres and being a light sleeper, I don't know if their bedrooms are at the rear of each room as is the case with Embassy Suites and separated by a door between the bedroom and the rest of the room.

My preferred hotel chain is Residence Inn whose suites have bedrooms which are separated by a door from the rest of the suite and some refrigerators which can be noisy depending on the hotel.

With almost 2,900 rooms spread over six stories, it sounds like a real beast to navigate and getting some quality shut-eye could be a challenge.

I welcome all opinions on whether I should try it for at least one night (complete with a resort fee which I totally despise) or stay elsewhere.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 07:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
What are you coming for? I've never stayed there and likely would not since it's far from downtown.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:57 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times
I'm attending a convention

Old 01-25-2019, 08:16 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
I think if people talk about the noise, it's because of what's happening in the indoor walkways, not outside.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:36 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
If your room opens into one of the atriums, I can see why you might say it's noisy. But for many guests, that's part of the charm if the hotel: many rooms open into what are essentially gigantic greenhouses with things like waterfalls, rivers, dozens of restaurants, and shopping areas. I would be surprised if the cheapest rooms open into the atriums, but I could be wrong.

Pictures of the Opryland Hotel from wikimedia:

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-26-2019, 12:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
I've stayed there twice.

If the convention is at the Opryland Hotel, then yes, I would stay there.

It is huge and challenging to navigate, but they have taken a lot of steps to make that easier, including wayfinding signs and maps that show where you are in reference to where you're going.

The rooms are typical hotel rooms, and honestly in Nashville that price is half of what the luxury hotels in downtown are charging.

Rooms that open to the atrium could be noisy, since the atrium areas tend to be tourist attractions. But now that Christmas has passed those holiday crowds should have thinned out. You could ask for a room that doesn't face the atrium or take earplugs or a noise machine/fan if you're really worried about it.

But at least if the convention is on that property, you could get back to your room by foot for down times.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:25 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Agree 100% with BirdieBelle. I would certainly stay there if the convention is there. I'll also add that there is a fee to park and you'd be paying that both as a hotel guest and if you were just going for the convention.

I've had an atrium room and it can be noisy, though if you're in the Cascades atrium the waterfalls actually kind of block out the crowd noise. I'd recommend you get an exterior non-atrium room. This will not only be cheaper but will likely be less noisy.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:25 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Self Parking is $29 a day. Valet is $40.

There is a limited shuttle that runs to the Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashviile for $20 RT per person. $40 for a 3 day pass.

I stayed in the Hilton downtown a few years ago and between the music on lower Broad that went until 3am and the construction that started up at 7, I didn't sleep much.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:00 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times
I've stayed there once. It's terribly expensive, the rooms aren't that nice, you have to walk a lot, and parking is expensive (most suburban hotels don't even charge for parking).

There are other hotels within spitting distance that have much nicer rooms. If you like the glitz and glamor of the Opryland Hotel, go for it, but it's not worth the cost and effort for me.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:13 AM

3,049 posts, read 3,317,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
I'm attending a convention
For a Convention depending on your schedule I would stay at Opryland hotel. For dining maybe walk over to the Opry Mills Mall. The other alternative may be in Music Valley. Other hotels along Briley closer to the Airport off of Elm Hill.

There is a set fee for cab/bus shuttle from Downtown to the Airport to the Music Valley & Opryland area. In bad weather watch for shuttles from Music Vally over to Opryland & the Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville