Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 05:59 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,268 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how long it would take from Murfreesboro (Siegal school area) to downtown Nashville using the Rover bus?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 08:01 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,916 times
Rover just stays in M'Boro. You would have to take the Nashville MTA Relax & Ride to get to Nashville. A combination of the both would take a very, very long time. I'm not even sure if the Rover picks up anywhere near the Siegel/Thompson lane area.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,203 times
I agree with Mike. I live in Murfreesboro but I would never think of using public transportation to get to Nashville because of the amount of time it would take. I do carpool with a co-worker from Murfreesboro to work everyday though.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 AM

525 posts, read 1,851,268 times
Thank you both for responding. Why would it take a long time using the bus? Do you mean there is no HOV lane in the express way to downtown? Or do you mean because I would have to connect from Rover to the Relax and Ride?

I can drive to a pick up for the Relax and Ride...how long would it take then? An hour? What about driving?

Thanks from a Georgia girl!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:44 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Why would it take a long time using the bus?
1. The number of stops that it makes.

2. It travels down Murfreesboro Rd., which is a busy US Hwy with tons of stop lights, not an interstate.

Quote:
Do you mean there is no HOV lane in the express way to downtown?
There is, but unfortunately, the MTA Relax & Ride doesn't go on the interstate.

Quote:
Or do you mean because I would have to connect from Rover to the Relax and Ride?
I don't exactly where the Relax & Ride picks up, but I believe the closest place to the Siegel area would be on Murfreesboro Rd. just south of TN-840. I'd say that's 10-15 minute car ride. I'm not really sure the closest rover location to your area. I think it would be the Memorial Blvd./Northfield Blvd. area.

Quote:
I can drive to a pick up for the Relax and Ride...how long would it take then?
I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess I would say 60-75 minutes. I know a guy that takes it 3 days/week. I'll check with them and get back to you.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,625 times
MTA bus schedule link. They have the Murfreesboro Express bus (84X) that makes no stops between Murfreesboro and Nashville. It travels I-24. If you get on at Northfield and Broad you will arrive at the bus station in Nashville in less than an hour (Relax and Ride 96X also travels I-24 but makes stops along the way - Smyrna, LaVergne etc.) Hope this helps.
[URL]http://www.nashvillemta.org/maps/route84.pdf[/URL]

Last edited by PR in TN; 04-03-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville