Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 10:50 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,118,738 times

Advertisements

My wife and currently live in the Bronx, NY and as we know, it is becoming a more difficult place to live. We are considering Hendersonville since we both visited the area 13 years ago. I know things have changed but we have some questions. What is the median price of homes? Are they mostly HOA's or are there older homes available? We both drive but we don't like to go too far, so are amenities fairly close in the area such as stores, hospitals, restaurants, etc? We would appreciate any help or advice you can give us to assist us in making a decision. Thanks to all of you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 01:22 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,118,738 times
and just so that everyone knows...we don't plan on bringing NYC with us, if you know what i mean.

Old 07-24-2021, 05:03 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
What is the median price of homes?

Are they mostly HOA's or are there older homes available?

We both drive but we don't like to go too far, so are amenities fairly close in the area such as stores, hospitals, restaurants, etc?

We would appreciate any help or advice you can give us to assist us in making a decision. Thanks to all of you in advance!
Great city. Lived there 2004-2014. Mixture of homes, and older which is often 20-30 years old, are reasonably priced. Houses like below, while not huge, are under 175k. I do not think it is attached to a HOA, but present locals can either substantiate that or provide more info on it. HOAs as of 2014 were uncommon. (I had a window to see older family and left. Will retire in region next decade.)

Stuff on water very pricey. Nice lakefront.

There is a terrific super Wal Mart, multiple large grocery stores, tons of other retail.

The Chop House in front of Wal Mart has scrumptious food and special price menu 5 days/week is a steal. Best steak (prime rib) I ever had there. Carabbas good chain Italian better than Olive Garden, 3 doors down. Dozens more, sit down, around town, plus many fast food also.

Very good healthcare. Hendersonville hospital is decent, and many fine ones in Nashville 20 miles away.

IMO, a great choice, but built up a ton since your last visit. Still suburban, but just not as small, nor as dirt cheap. Still reasonable. May not be in 5 years as reasonable. Nashville metro ultra hot affecting cost.

https://www.thechophouse.com/pdf/15-16-murf-hend.pdf

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...5_M86878-03919

Last edited by BobNJ1960; 07-24-2021 at 05:43 PM..

Old 07-24-2021, 06:24 PM

3,068 posts, read 3,334,646 times
Hendersonville is definitely more developed. You may not miss Rivergate. With connection to Briley Parkway & Ellington Parkway maybe easier access to parts of Nashville, Opryland area. Someday better connection to I-65 North into Ky.

Since 2014 the main development may be the elimination of Hall Tax. No tax on income of any kind, not income, not pension, not dividends interest. Sales tax rate 9.25% same as Nashville.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:03 PM

334 posts, read 1,283,546 times
Hendersonville is very developed in most areas where you don’t have to drive “too far.” I am close to a realtor who told me some houses there are selling for $20-30K over asking price. Housing is a challenge to find in Middle TN. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: