Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:05 PM

270 posts, read 796,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I live in Murfreesboro and yes, it is quite large, but I don't see where that would make it bad here. Like all cities, it has it's parts of town to avoid. I love it here and so do a few other people who post here. We have it all. It's convenient and clean with a huge variation of prices. There are 2 Walmart Supercenters and everything else you could ever need or want.
Hey Steve_TN, I think I may take a ride there to check it out. Most of their schools are really good. 2 wal-marts are cool...any good bars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
If you're looking for a house to rent in Mt. Juliet, check in the Hickory Hills subdivision off Lebanon Rd. across the street from the Baskin-Robbins/Dunkin Donuts. I've seen houses for rent there. They've also got some new townhomes there that might be for rent too.

If you're stuck on moving to Brentwood: I've heard good things about Brentwood Oaks in Brentwood. Pretty reasonable rates + nice area.

Not sure where the Wal-Mart is out there.
Thanks for the info. Not set on Brentwood or any of the places I listed, I am researching to see what will best suit me. There is a D&D where???? I haven't seen one and am dying to get a coffee and bagel from there!

Last edited by mbmouse; 07-08-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,629,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irreplaceable View Post
Hey Steve_TN, I think I may take a ride there to check it out. Most of their schools are really good. 2 wal-marts are cool...any good bars?
Schools in Murfreesboro and actually, most of Rutherford County are excellent. Bars...hmmm...I honestly don't do the bar thing anymore so I have no idea.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:32 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Not set on Brentwood or any of the places I listed, I am researching to see what will best suit me. There is a D&D where???? I haven't seen one and am dying to get a coffee and bagel from there!
It's not open yet, but it looks like it could open in the next few weeks. It's on Lebanon Road, on the right as you're leaving Mt. J heading towards Hermitage...right near the OK Corral mexican restaurant. I'll be glad when it finally opens up...they've been working on it for about a year now.

PS-There are some decent looking bars on and around the square in Murfreesboro. There used to be a cigar bar called Liquid Smoke that a lot of my MTSU colleagues liked to go to.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Thanks alleycat. Maybe one of the mods can move this to the Nashville thread so I can get more responces?? Please
My daughter goes to college in Murfreesboro and will be living off Campus, but in apartments set up for students. I think Murfreesboro is a great town. There are a lot of places to live there, alot of restaurnts, stores, bars etc, and its less costly than the Nashville Area.
I don't find it unsafe at all. Check out the new stores there, the Avenue.

The Avenue Murfreesboro (http://www.shoptheavenue.com/FindAnAvenue/TheAvenueMurfreesboro/tabid/159/Default.aspx - broken link)

Diane G

Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM

Thanks DonCorleon and Diane G.! Diane, a guy at my Hubbys work told him it was most expensive that is it Rutherford County and the taxes are higher and even our Tags will cost more. What is less costly?, like rents? Next time I have a weekend day off I want to go visit there and see the area.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:01 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Thanks DonCorleon and Diane G.! Diane, a guy at my Hubbys work told him it was most expensive that is it Rutherford County and the taxes are higher and even our Tags will cost more. What is less costly?, like rents? Next time I have a weekend day off I want to go visit there and see the area.
Houses and Rents are less expensive there. It is less expensive in Taxes than in Davidson county. I don't know about the tags, but that is a once a year thing. A house there can be bought for less, with excellent schools.

Diane G

Old 07-13-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Houses and Rents are less expensive there. It is less expensive in Taxes than in Davidson county. I don't know about the tags, but that is a once a year thing. A house there can be bought for less, with excellent schools.

Diane G
Thanks again Diane! You wouldn't happen to know how much the tax at the grocery store is would ya?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:02 PM

156 posts, read 451,274 times
The sales tax here is a lovely 9.75%. I have found Murfreesboro an easy town to get around, the rents are inexpensive and it's easy to find something you need. Sometimes a house is cheaper to rent than an apartment!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Ok so last night after dinner we took to the kids out back to play and there were 4 other parents out and we were talking to them. 2 of them are moving soon and I told them once our lease is up we are going to move to and that I was thinking about Murfreesboro and 2 of them said "oh no dont move there!" They both said it is very unsafe and would never move there with their kids. One said it is a great place if you are single college student. One mentioned lots of violence and killings. Someone before hand told me to stay away from there too. Whats the deal??

Old 07-14-2008, 10:24 AM

Ok so I just googled crime rates and found Murfressboro to be higher then Mt. Juliet but less then Albany NY. Albany isn't that bad of a place to live as long as you are not in a gang, a taxi driver or chineese food delivery person lol ok well its not funny but those are most the crimes I ever heard of in Albany. I would never live in Albany cause the public schools are bad but have never felt unsafe being there so I think maybe sometimes people hear of something on the news and freak out about that place. Even though by the time I moved in March Albany had tripled its murder rate from the previous year it still was a safe place to be. So I think Murfreesboro is still a good choice to look expecially since they were a few points lower then Albany. But that tax of 9.75% doesn't sound so lovely. Hummmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville