Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM

13 posts, read 76,828 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking to move to the Nashville area in the Fall and start a chiropractic office. I was wondering if anyone would offer me some insight on where the best locations to start a clinic would be. Also, my wife is a big city girl and wants to have quick access to downtown. Best areas to buy a house too?Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 04:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddison8 View Post
Hi,
I am looking to move to the Nashville area in the Fall and start a chiropractic office. I was wondering if anyone would offer me some insight on where the best locations to start a clinic would be. Also, my wife is a big city girl and wants to have quick access to downtown. Best areas to buy a house too?Any suggestions?
If I were opening a practice like that, the first thing I would do would be to research where the existing chiropractic offices are, then I would look at either being close to one of the major arterial streets and/or near one of the hospitals. I might lean toward locating the practice convenient to one of the "working class" neighborhood.

And this is just an opinion, I would look in what is called by real estate agents as Area 2 for housing if you can afford it just starting out, and if it's convenient to wherever you locate your practice. Area 2 includes Green Hills, Belle Meade (where former Vice-President Gore lives), West Meade, Bellevue (where I live), Hillwood, Belmont, Syvan Park (which is very convenient to downtown), and around the Vanderbilt University area. There is also a number of new high-rise condo projects downtown. At one time few people actually lived downtown but that is changing rapidly.

Last edited by alleycat; 02-22-2007 at 05:13 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM

225 posts, read 1,144,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddison8 View Post
Hi,

Alleycat gave you some excellent advise on locations in Nashville. Price is a significant factor in these areas, but Green Hills, Hillsboro Village, Belle Meade, Forrest Hills are all excellent choices.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:40 AM

13 posts, read 76,828 times
Thanks for the info. I will keep those places in mind during my search. My wife would actually like to go to Brentwood but I am thinking that it might be a little too expensive to start out. I have actually checked on some of those places and currently like Forest Hills. If you wanted to live in a good area, but had 200-250K to spend on a house, what areas would you check into?

Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,216,069 times
I'd have to check the numbers, but houses might actually be more expensive in Forest Hills/Oak Hills than Brentwood on average. It would be tough to find much in that area for $250,000, although I haven't checked home price lately.

I was thinking you wanted to live closer to downtown than Brentwood. If that doesn't matter too much, you might consider Franklin rather than Brentwood if money is a little tight at the moment. Franklin is a great town, it would have been even better if it hadn't grown quite so much over the past 20 years. For a small town, it has a lot of activities. Arts, restraurants, events, etc.

You might be able to find something for $200-250,000 in West Meade, Sylvan Park, Belmont/Waverly. I doubt you'll find much in that price range in Green Hills or Hillwood (and absolutely nothing in Belle Meade). Bellevue is also a consideration, as well as Kingston Spring further out. One thing that's nice about Bellevue (and Hillwood) is that the traffic along I-40 is less than most of the other Interstate highways.

Of course, there are other areas of town that are cheaper. You have to be a little more careful there however. There're some great neighborhood, but, unfortunately, there's a few pockets where the neighborhoods aren't so great anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville