Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recession sucks View Post
That is all very interesting but if you may answer the following questions

How much income do you need?

What is the most dominant race?

Are they safe?

Are they nice?
I don't understand alot of your questions...

Income ? I don't know your situation, Do you have tons of credit cards, car loans, high quality of life ?

The average person in Nashville I would say could survive on $10-$12/hr but it all depends on your debt.

Dominant Race ? Again, I'm not sure what you mean The Sam Levy homes that you talk about are project/section 8 housing. They were built to replace the pre-WWII projects that were visable by the interstate. You'll also see some in South Nashville and off of 8th Avenue in North Nashville. The majority race in that area is African American. I would not rate the neighborhood as safe but everyone has their own ideas on the subject.
I would say they are nice for now but only because they are new.

Unless you were asking if African Americans in Nashville were safe/nice which I've never personally had a problem with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM

149 posts, read 478,480 times
I also have a question about this place.Recession sucks, they are probobly mostly black considerind that the Riverchase apartments are mostly black. They look nice. But, I have never been that close to them. I have only seen them from far. I do not know how much income you need.

I have one question as well.

ARE THEY SECTION 8 HOUSING? Or, are they just regular houses?

Thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 09:58 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,486 times
Riverchase is nothing but trouble. The colored houses are Section 8.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM

35 posts, read 113,943 times
yeahhh.

you cant miss those suckers.

they are all colors of the rainbow.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM

149 posts, read 478,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernstatesbound View Post
Thanks TNRanyan23, qwe123safi, and yank 283. I appreciate it, I really do. Just one more question. Is the African American population in East Nashville on the rise or is it decreasing? I want to know what my area will look like in the next five years if I do move. Since the census is updated once every ten years, you will probably not find any websites that give current data. If you do, then please post. If you can not find any current data, then please Nashvillians tell me what you see with your own eyes. Increasing or Decreasing?

Thank you dearly,
Raymond

I do not know if you have moved yet, but I think I have some current demographics. (2007)

Nashville.gov - Planning Department - Neighborhood Profiles (http://nashville.gov/mpc/neighprof.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville