Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,214 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our four children ages 8,5,1,1 are planning to relocate to the Murfreesboro,Tn area in a few months. Right now, my husband is a catastrophe adjuster and does not have to report to an office when he is not on assignments. He's planning to come off cat once we relocate and will more than likely have to report to a local state farm office which is located in Murfreesboro. Right now we are considering the Blackman Farm community. What do you think about that community and the schools? Also, would appreciate info regarding any other counties that offer great schools and would be an easy commute for my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,961,153 times
Hi nxt01

I live in the boro and have only heard good things about the Blackman Community and the schools there. They are quite popular. Have you visited here yet? There are many many communites in Murfreesboro to choose from. The schools here are rated amongst the best in the state. Some are more popular then others.

If I can answer any other questions for you, please let me know.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Thanks, Kim918 for responding! This is great news to hear! I actually got a chance to visit this past Saturday and the weekend before. We were considering Williamson County b/c they're suppose to have good schools but my husband didn't think he would like the commute.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 PM

180 posts, read 597,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt01 View Post
My husband and I and our four children ages 8,5,1,1 are planning to relocate to the Murfreesboro,Tn area in a few months. Right now, my husband is a catastrophe adjuster and does not have to report to an office when he is not on assignments. He's planning to come off cat once we relocate and will more than likely have to report to a local state farm office which is located in Murfreesboro. Right now we are considering the Blackman Farm community. What do you think about that community and the schools? Also, would appreciate info regarding any other counties that offer great schools and would be an easy commute for my husband.

I live in the Blackman area. You'll love it. Great people and everything is really close by. Traffic is hideous in Murfreesboro and the city isn't planned and layed out well, but you sort of get used to it. Keep in mind that the main State Farm office is on the other side of town though. Still, it's not a bad drive from Blackman.

Blackman schools are good. My wife graduated from Blackman High and is currently in here last year at Vanderbilt (Doctor). That should tell you something there.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Thanks MichaelBNA! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to my post! It's very comforting to hear such good things about the Blackman community b/c we really like the area as well. Hopefully we can close on a house in the near future and get moved and settled in!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM

162 posts, read 550,930 times
Have lots of requests for the Blackman area - you are zeroing in on good areas. Its nice of Michael to let you know about the traffic. Part of the deal in the area, but the folks I know that live there just love it anyway :-) Some people would want to be cautious in Blackman Farms due to Centex's reputation elsewhere, but I haven't heard of the same bad experiences here locally (that they have had in other parts of the country). Their local teams seem to be holding there own, even winnig a few awards. They even have some of the best open floorplans for the money. Trust, but inspect :-)

Old 02-05-2009, 06:29 AM

180 posts, read 597,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt01 View Post
Thanks MichaelBNA! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to my post! It's very comforting to hear such good things about the Blackman community b/c we really like the area as well. Hopefully we can close on a house in the near future and get moved and settled in!

My pleasure! Blackman is nice and fairly quiet. You'll like it and so will the kids!

BUT, just like the poster above me said, "Trust, but inspect!"

Old 02-06-2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks a bunch! I will definitely do my job of inspecting along w/our inspector. So far I have heard nothing but positive things about Centex homes..that is in Nashville, anyways...too bad I can't say the same about other states, particularly North Carolina. We use to live there and we never would have purchased a Centex home there! I've heard so many horror stories regarding their workmanship. I assume the quality of construction depends on the state you're in.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:47 PM

13 posts, read 49,551 times
We live in the Boro and we LOVE IT! WE moved here last year and found that it is quite easy to get around. I have heard a lot of good things about Blackman. I also wanted to point out Seigel School District is North 'Boro and they are well known as well. The main State Farm Headquarters is right in that area as well.

My sister in law just put her house on the market a few months back. Her husband got reloacted and they are now in KY. It's a 4 bedroom, 3 bath. updated everything. It isn't too far from State Farm Facility, probably 10 mins down Memorial. Let me know if you would like more info.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 02-06-2009, 03:46 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
Have you considered the Regency Park area? It is very close to the Sate Farm main offices and is bordered by the Seigel schools. Elementary, Middle, and High schools all right next to each other. And on the other side of Regency is Northfield Elementary, which is a K-6th grade school. There is a reasonably wide range of houses in that area, though I'm not sure how they would compare price-wise. But they would be more convenient to everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville