Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 PM

10 posts, read 27,023 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband, 4 yr old daughter and I recently moved to Nashville. I have been here for little over a month, and I really need to find a doctor for myself.I'm fortunate enough to have a really great insurance plan with very little limitations if any. That being said, I would really like to find a great physician who is family oriented, reliable, ethical, knowledgeable, professional, and has great bed side manner.

I don't know anyone here. I have no friends I had a wonderful doctor back in Memphis. I hate having to find a new one after developing a comforting relationship with my previous one. I don't know who the excellent doctors in town are...hopefully some of you who are more established in Nashville can easily tell me. I don't want to make a mistake here and just go with the first available! There was also a magazine back home that had the top rated physicians in town. I'm sure there is something similar here. I'm looking for the best! Please please please give me some good advice here. I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 04:22 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,871 times
what part of town are you in?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I've had lots of good experiences with the folks at Heritage Medical Associates over the years. Dr. James Cato is fantastic. Great sense of humor, good bedside manner, but most importantly a great doctor. But he's in Green Hills, not sure if that is inconvenient for you. I've got some pediatricians I'd recommend too, but they're in Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville respectively...so knowing your geography does help as septimus said.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Hello and thank you for your responses. My husband is getting his MBA at Vanderbilt and I am finishing my undergrad at MTSU...that being said, we tried to live in a part of Nashville that would be convenient for both commutes. We live in the Crieve hall area and its about 10-15 min to downtown. I don't mind driving as we shop, go to school, and have been exploring all over town. Location will not be a big issue as long as it is still in Davidson county and/or the metropolitan area.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,789 times
Heritage Medical in Green Hills also has great Pediatricians. One stop shop!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times
Have you been on RateMds.com?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:32 PM

18 posts, read 42,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJuMemphis View Post
Hello and thank you for your responses. My husband is getting his MBA at Vanderbilt and I am finishing my undergrad at MTSU...that being said, we tried to live in a part of Nashville that would be convenient for both commutes. We live in the Crieve hall area and its about 10-15 min to downtown. I don't mind driving as we shop, go to school, and have been exploring all over town. Location will not be a big issue as long as it is still in Davidson county and/or the metropolitan area.

I am so glad that you posted this question- we just moved from Memphis. I live in Crieve Hall, as well, small world. Someone at work told me about Green Hills Pediatrics and said they are awesome.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 PM

374 posts, read 693,467 times
When I arrived in Nashville last year I asked my co-workers for medical recommendations. The names I got were either no longer taking new patients or were booked up for months in advance. I ended up going to Heritage in Green Hills and seeing the first doctor with an opening. So far so good but I'm noticing a pattern--if you're new to a medical practice you're expected to become patients of the newer/younger doctors. Makes sense but takes a little getting used to.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 AM

Yes, I manged a dental practice back home, and we were really big on RateMds. I pulled up a list of drs on my insurance website and looked up about 15 on RateMds. Only one of the doctors was on there!! and that dr only had 1 rating. So, i gave up on that.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Ok, so Heritage Medical it is! I really appreciate the help guys. I hope I can get in soon. Is Green Hills Pediatricians the same as Heritage pediatricians? Sherberto - what a small world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville