Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 AM

80 posts, read 312,696 times

Advertisements

How popular is bowling in Nashville? Is there a alley in every town, leagues every night? Or not so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I'm not a bowler, so I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like bowling in general is as popular as it once was. Or maybe there's just more things to do these days and people don't bowl as much.

There are bowling lanes around, so I assume there are leagues.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:12 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
Bowling is a "varsity" sport at some local high schools. Need I say more.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
I think every neighborhood in Nashville has at least 1 bowling alley. Here in Hendersonville there's a place called "Family Fun Center." They do bowling, ice skating, laser tag, etc.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 AM

80 posts, read 312,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Bowling is a "varsity" sport at some local high schools. Need I say more.
Actually, yes. Where I come from, the existence of varsity bowling was a sign the sport was relatively popular in the region. I think this is what you meant. Or, it could have been sarcasm implying that it's a "highschool" sport, as opposed to a college sport or pro sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
I think every neighborhood in Nashville has at least 1 bowling alley. Here in Hendersonville there's a place called "Family Fun Center." They do bowling, ice skating, laser tag, etc.
Yeah, these "all in one" centers are becoming pretty popular. Gone, apparently, are the days where bowling was popular enough to stand on its own. Regardless, an alley in every neighborhood is enough for me!

Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
[quote=Xtreme;11094948]Actually, yes. Where I come from, the existence of varsity bowling was a sign the sport was relatively popular in the region. I think this is what you meant. Or, it could have been sarcasm implying that it's a "highschool" sport, as opposed to a college sport or pro sport.

I love bowling... my first date with my husband was bowling. (unfortunately we haven't been bowling since). That said I come from a part of the country where most of the bowling alleys are duckpin and I had never heard of it as a varsity sport until I got here. Although as a kid I could watch professional bowling on Saturday morning on the local ABC affiliate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: