Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solve Et Coagula View Post
The amount of snowfall has been severe for Nashville. I am a hot weather person. Let's hope 90 degrees gets here quick!
Gah! Bite your tongue!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 10:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
I still think that for the past decade, 2003 was the worst. We had over a foot of snow in Hendersonville and it didn't melt for over a week. I'm also thankful there have been no icestorms this year.
Actually, It probably was about 2003 when a friend kept complaining all winter about one snowfall after another. I never had that in the early 70s when I was in College at Austin Peay, and that was Clarksville. I left after college but came back in 2006 and this has been the coldest winter of my memory.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solve Et Coagula View Post
The amount of snowfall has been severe for Nashville. I am a hot weather person. Let's hope 90 degrees gets here quick!
The amount of snowfall has not been severe at all for Nashville, especially compared to the Northeast...anyways, its March and been quite warm the past several days, and starting the stormy season, but for the Nashville newcommers, don't let it fool you.... It is not shorts and flip flop weather yet...there will be more cold snaps or below normal spells lasting on though the spring. In past years we have had "Big" snows in March, and flurries in April, and late frost in May so just be prepared for a roller coster of weather the next 3 months. Nashville usually follows the patters of the rest of the Eastern half of the U.S.. I was just looking at the temperature map on newschannel5.com and Chicago and St. Louis were both around 54 to 56 degrees at 8'oclock this morning, Nashville was at 54. A friend in New York called me Monday and was talking about how nice it was there, in there, temps in the upper 50's lower 60's... so Nashville usually shares the same weather patterns as locations North and South, within a 5 to 10 degree diffence in either direction. Guess where we are located we get a bit of everything...

Old 03-11-2010, 06:17 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,238,441 times
Honey, compared to the northeast, no amount of snow is gonna be severe, okay? We don't compare our weather to other places on this forum, because it makes us irritated. I don't know how much snow you guys got, but here we got severe amounts of snow relative to our snow history.

I do agree that we share weather though. It sounds weird, but whatever weather my friend in Ontario is experiencing, generally so are we. The main differences are that that their winters are more severe, whatever system they're experiencing, and our summers are more severe - just slightly, though.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:56 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Well, as of early this morning, we are having typical spring weather...wet, loud and frequently intermittently bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville