Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 05:01 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverresident View Post
I usually don't post on forums. I find that the posts are years old. To comment on Scottsbluff, I can only say what I know from growing up there. There is too much prejudice there to grow up as not white. The Mexicans there, my race, were hateful of whites also. Of course there are good people in any race, but there were a lot of hateful Mexicans there. I was hated because I had a white girlfriend. I was not accepted by either race, but by a handful of good people. The economy is stagnated. Wal Mart helped close down many businesses in the downtown area. The job market is horrid. I permanently left the area in 1985 and will never consider moving back to Nebraska, let alone Scottsbluff. Scottsbluff has a history of gruesome murders, many unsolved. Last time i visited, it looked like I was in hillbilly country in Kentucky. I have never seen so many morbidly obese bald men with beards down to their bellies concentrated into on place until I went to the Scottsbluff Walmart. It was scary. Needless to say. If you moved there, I'm sorry I didn't find this post until today.

Look up the Mata murder.

So you're basing your post largely on experiences nearly 40 years ago?

That Walmart comment probably applies to 9 outta ten Walmarts all over the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 12:57 PM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denverresident View Post
I usually don't post on forums. I find that the posts are years old. To comment on Scottsbluff, I can only say what I know from growing up there. There is too much prejudice there to grow up as not white. The Mexicans there, my race, were hateful of whites also. Of course there are good people in any race, but there were a lot of hateful Mexicans there. I was hated because I had a white girlfriend. I was not accepted by either race, but by a handful of good people. The economy is stagnated. Wal Mart helped close down many businesses in the downtown area. The job market is horrid. I permanently left the area in 1985 and will never consider moving back to Nebraska, let alone Scottsbluff. Scottsbluff has a history of gruesome murders, many unsolved. Last time i visited, it looked like I was in hillbilly country in Kentucky. I have never seen so many morbidly obese bald men with beards down to their bellies concentrated into on place until I went to the Scottsbluff Walmart. It was scary. Needless to say. If you moved there, I'm sorry I didn't find this post until today.

Look up the Mata murder.
Scottsbluff of the 80s is nothing like today. It's still stagnant, but that will change since cost of living is expensive in metro areas and will attract more outsiders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska