Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,764,790 times

Advertisements

To get back On Topic, I'll say, Why no, I don't get defensive about being from Nebraska. It's a great state. I'm a third generation descendant of the early pioneer days in Nebraska and my forebears were honorable, God-loving people. My great-grandfather worked laying the railroad ties when the Union Pacific railroad was laid down across Nebraska.

I think one person commenting on this thread perhaps does not have a legitimate connection with the thread, if we are all truly hoping to stay on topic. Just sayin'.....

Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 AM

20 posts, read 56,553 times
Goooooo biiiiiigggggg rrreeeeeeedddd!!!!!

-HH

Old 08-31-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
Tell us how you are better then we are !

I see you are listed as in Nebraska. You must hang out with the wrong people if you don't think the majority are very intelligent.

Birds of a feather flock together.
Like I said in an earlier post, I live here only for the work. If it was not for my job, I'd be somewhere else.

I never stated that "I'm better".

-HH

Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Very interesting story. Did you use well water for consumption while on the farm?

-HH
Yes HH with some of the best water on Earth. Why do you ask?
GL2
Seems like the kids who grew up drinking fluoridated water are behind mentally (especially when it comes to memory) compared to those who grew up drinking non-chemically/toxic treated water; i.e. those who lived in the country or grew up on a farm. Your story just added a bit more confirmation to what some Doctors have been recently stating.

-HH

Old 08-31-2009, 09:23 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I know a fellow in Omaha that is a graduate of the University of Nebraska. I haven't had the chance to ask him if he ever regretted going to UNL instead of attending some prestigious school like Yale or Harvard. In a recent report to stockholders of his company I believe he had a handful of Harvard and Yale graduates working for him but they were working for a graduate of UNL. To get exact numbers on that I suppose EDGAR has the latest reports on Berkshire/Hathaway.

GL2
For your information Warren Buffett attended high school in Washington, DC at Woodrow Wilson High School. As you should know Woodrow Wilson High School is (was) not a tiny remote school in rural Nebraska, which is what this topic is about!

Buffett attended his first three years of undergraduate school at top-ranked University of Pennsylvania. He finished his last year of undergraduate school at University of Nebraska. He then went to top-ranked Columbia University Business School in NYC for graduate school. Again, Buffett did NOT attend high school in a tiny remote Nebraska high school...and that is the topic being discussed!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Told you I was young didn't I? But I can easily act far older than I am, and I am far more intelligent than you assume.
You're confusing the appearance of being older and intelligent versus actually being older and (more importantly) being intelligent!

Congratulations on having parents that are both doctors. But, we aren't talking about your parents - we're talking about receiving a quality education from a tiny, remote shool in rural Nebraska...

Do you attend a tiny, remote high school in rural Nebraska? That IS the topic being debated! Or have you forgotten?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:12 AM

The following is typical (and proof) of where students that attend tiny, remote/rural high schools usually go to college after graduating..."if" they even choose to further their education at all!

The highest ranked school any student from the two classes of Potter/Dix, NE is said to be attending is the University of Wyoming, which is a bottom tier 3 ranked school. (Note: The only class years available on the school's website with students' college plans were for '04 & '08.)

Potter/Dix Class of 2004 (http://www.pdcoyotes.com/alumni/2004/class04.html - broken link)

Potter/Dix Class of 2008 (http://www.pdcoyotes.com/alumni/2008/class08.html - broken link)

Morning Side College - Sioux City, IO
Chadron State
Concordia University
Chreighton School of Nursing - Hastings
Southeast Community College - Milford
Massage Therapy School - Omaha
Hastings College
Casper College
University of Wyoming
Western Nebraska Community College
Laramie County Community College
Embry Riddle
Culinary School
Heavy Equipment Academy

Join Air Force
Join Navy
Join Peace Corp

Does anyone want to explain why no students are going to a tier 1 ranked school?

Last edited by Kootr; 08-31-2009 at 11:13 AM..

Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
This thread has gone too far off-topic and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska