Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:57 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,733 times

Advertisements

I second Valerie C; for maximum impact you have two options:
1) Something meaningful/sentimental (tickets are a GREAT idea, especially for someone/something she may not normally be able to see- for example, I got Springsteen tickets from my wife to a show that was sold out when I tried to get them).
2) Money

Reasons: Normal material gifts are only worth about 70% of their cost in value to the recipient, gift cards are around 85%, money is 100% (if spent on exactly what they want), and sentimental/irrational gifts can be worth more than their cost. These are just ballpark values based on the usual value of a given gift to the person receiving it.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:19 PM

139 posts, read 351,582 times
how about a gas card to help cover her commute?

Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM

282 posts, read 1,186,437 times
Thanks for all the ideas, guys!!! Gas cards and book store card are my Graduation ideas for June!!! Will do something a little more fun for the birthday!!!! Not sure yet what exactly, but...thanks for th input...very helpful!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM

7 posts, read 12,497 times
Does she have a boyfriend? Maybe a gift card for she and her guy to go out on the town? Or tickets to a movie she's been dying to see....Is college paid for? You could put money towards that, to the school in her honor....Does she have jewelry with her name, or anything with her name on it? Those gifts are very personal and will last a lifetime--Does she have a scrapbook of baby photos/fun/wacky/ years growing up? Another gift she can treasure forever....Just some ideas tossing around in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaK View Post
My cousin, who is also my godchild, will be turning 18. She has everything under the sun basically--Ipod, phone, digital camera, etc etc etc and tons of really nice jewelry already.....................anybody have any brilliant ideas for a great birthday gift????? Also, she will not be living on her own for college...she is commuting--therefore, needs nothing on that end............HELP!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire