Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 06:36 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,703,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Thank you so much, SHEENA!!My Dear Friend!!

Dear SHEENA!!

Thanks so much for your lovely & sweet CHRISTMAS wishes!!!

I truly appreciate it!! Thank you for your kindness & thoughtfulness!!!

Thanks so much for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!!!

Now, you know, that we CELEBRATE here ALL MONTH LONG!!!

Our CHRISTMAS PARTY, CELEBRATIONS go until February 2nd!!!

Easter is celebrated for approx. 50 days or so, Advent is about 24 days or so, Lent is also 40 days long.

The last day of Advent was Dec. 24th this year. And then we have the "ACTUAL/REAL 12 Days of

Christmas" The 12 days go until The Feast of the Epiphany (The Feast of when the 3 Wise Men/3 Kings

visit-pay homage to the Baby Jesus). The 12th Night Cake is eaten on the 12th Night which is the Eve of

the Epiphany=January 5th. Epiphany being January 6thSo, my Dear FRIEND, we are STILL

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS around here!!Today is the 2nd day of CHRISTMASWhich is also

known in some countries as "BOXING DAY" & or Saint Steven's Day"And the Orthodox all over the

world have their BIG CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION with all of the Bells & whistles on the Feast of the

Epiphany!!!And a lot of people & children all over the world receive their gifts on this day as well.

Please pull up a chair, have some more cake & EGGNOG!!!

We just got started, YAY!!CHEERS, BLESSINGS, (((HUGS))) & LOVE TO YOU YOURS!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the song playlist!!Thanks!

You are so knowledgeable! I celebrate usually until I go back to work LOL. That isn't happening yet - so maybe another week? CT scan on Monday - new baseline after the cancer/radiation treatment. I am celebrating that the Lord has blessed me so much this year - miracles for sure. Cheers and thanks Sheena for coming to celebrate with us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 09:00 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Thank you so much, SHEENA!!My Dear Friend!!

Dear SHEENA!!

Thanks so much for your lovely & sweet CHRISTMAS wishes!!!

I truly appreciate it!! Thank you for your kindness & thoughtfulness!!!

Thanks so much for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!!!

Now, you know, that we CELEBRATE here ALL MONTH LONG!!!

Our CHRISTMAS PARTY, CELEBRATIONS go until February 2nd!!!

Easter is celebrated for approx. 50 days or so, Advent is about 24 days or so, Lent is also 40 days long.

The last day of Advent was Dec. 24th this year. And then we have the "ACTUAL/REAL 12 Days of

Christmas" The 12 days go until The Feast of the Epiphany (The Feast of when the 3 Wise Men/3 Kings

visit-pay homage to the Baby Jesus). The 12th Night Cake is eaten on the 12th Night which is the Eve of

the Epiphany=January 5th. Epiphany being January 6thSo, my Dear FRIEND, we are STILL

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS around here!!Today is the 2nd day of CHRISTMASWhich is also

known in some countries as "BOXING DAY" & or Saint Steven's Day"And the Orthodox all over the

world have their BIG CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION with all of the Bells & whistles on the Feast of the

Epiphany!!!And a lot of people & children all over the world receive their gifts on this day as well.

Please pull up a chair, have some more cake & EGGNOG!!!

We just got started, YAY!!CHEERS, BLESSINGS, (((HUGS))) & LOVE TO YOU YOURS!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the song playlist!!Thanks!
Yes! I too celebrate Christmastide - the WHOLE Holiday Of Christmas. From the First Sunday of Advent through Epiphany. We ate a delicious meal tonight and I baked a Pumpkin Spick Cake for Boxing Day or The Feast of Stephen.

I think I have found my "Tribe", Country!

I thought you all might enjoy this version of "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" sung by the chancel choir at Our Savior United Methodist Church, one of the best choirs I have ever heard. No, this is not my church, we cancelled services for Christmas due to covid and probably do not have the technology to broadcast this way.

I hope y'all are blessed by this as I was.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLhWW4XhPmU

Old 12-27-2020, 01:38 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking Thank you, DEAR SHEENA!!!:) MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!!:)

Dear SHEENA

WELCOME HOME, my DEAR FRIEND!!!

Yes, THIS is your TRIBE!!! And the above is the FORMAL WELCOME, because you have been HOME

since you helped to bring BIRTHDAY CHEER to the COUNTRY PORCH!!I believe you came to

NHMOM'S BIRTHDAY PARTY
I think you were here having

some cake with hot chocolate prior to that as well!!

Anyway, I will elaborate more in another post tomorrow. But, I just wanted to mention that

YOU ARE HOME! And this is your TRIBE!!!((((((((HUGS)))))))

Oh, and GREAT BAKERS think alike, I ended up baking a carrot spice cake It

tastes a bit like pumpkin spice cake, due to all of the spices I add to it.I bake a lot of things prior to

Christmas itself and add some more along the way Can't have too many desserts, right? And

carrots are healthy, right?

HAPPY FEAST OF SAINT STEVEN, HAPPY BOXING DAY, HAPPY 2nd Day of CHRISTMAS!!!

Thanks for the link, I will listen to it as soon as I finish posting this, thank

you in advance!

I just noticed another post of yours in the NH forum, and I wanted to mention that there is an old friend of

ours that is part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY, that she might be able to help you.

Her screen name is VALERIE C.
She is a very dedicated professional,

knowledgeable, kind hearted, reliable & a TRUSTWORTHY lady!! I will see if I can get a hold of her, so she

can contact you. All of her contact info. is on her wall as well. And in my humble opinion, you can probably

find what you're looking for in the Southern part of the state.

Anyway, thanks so much for your post & link, I truly appreciate And I'm sure others appreciate it as

well

Take good care of yourself & your loved ones!

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!!!

HUGS, BLESSINGS, PEACE, JOY, HAPPINESS & LOVE going your way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes! I too celebrate Christmastide - the WHOLE Holiday Of Christmas. From the First Sunday of Advent through Epiphany. We ate a delicious meal tonight and I baked a Pumpkin Spick Cake for Boxing Day or The Feast of Stephen.

I think I have found my "Tribe", Country!

I thought you all might enjoy this version of "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" sung by the chancel choir at Our Savior United Methodist Church, one of the best choirs I have ever heard. No, this is not my church, we cancelled services for Christmas due to covid and probably do not have the technology to broadcast this way.

I hope y'all are blessed by this as I was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLhWW4XhPmU
MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!!! CHEERS TO the NH forum

members, CHEERS TO THE COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY!!! Cheers to ALL reading this!!!

Old 12-27-2020, 08:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
NHMoM is going to agree in the fact that ATGSS is the BEST second only to you Country. Everyone else is tied for 3rd Lots of friends on the porch! Thankful there are enough virtual snacks to go around (calorie free of course). I hope that come this time next year I will have lost about 80 lbs and got my diabetes back in control (actually gone would be best). Need to get rid of the sugar! I have cut down my portions, but still not out of my mouth totally LOL.

Praying for us all - keep positive, it brings positive results!

Thanks for the honor ("honour" for our British English readers) but humbling speaking I'm not the best, that was only meant as tongue-in-cheek. I'm no better than anyone else as well as a sinner.

I also have Christian beliefs (though as a sinner I fail enough/too much following them as a flawed human being) and is why I limit my FB posts as "Z-berg" goes pretty much many things UN-Christian in my view.

Every year at this time it's about tackling the "battle of the bulge/weight". Lesser portion size, carb size, increase healthy fat intake as the body needs it and a little exercise even if it means taking a nice walk everyday IMHO. There are ways to control Diabetes via diet/exercise, but not "one size fits all". Many of us need to get off our butts, me included - we sit in front of a computer/tablet/TV too much IMO. Years ago people on the whole were more active and ate more sensibly IMO.

GOD BLESS YOU, YOURS, and EVERYONE reading this!

Old 12-28-2020, 07:23 AM

Talking Thanks, ATGSS! You are the BEST!:):)HAPPY CHRISTMAS SEASON to ALL!

Thanks, ATGSS! You are the BEST!

Dear LOL, ATGSS, NJGUY

Thanks for the lovely post!

Thanks for always making the COUNTRY PORCH THREAD a HAPPY, FESTIVE PLACE!!!

Cheers & Blessings to you & yours!!

You know what I find interesting, and that is the fact that people all over the world & in some parts of the

US CELEBRATE the CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY from Dec. 25th & into the month of January & even until Feb.

2nd.

They visit (PRE COVID) their families, neighbors, friends, etc. When you stop by to wish someone a

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, they immediately offer you some form of dessert, be it fruit cake, panettone, stollen,

cookies, eggnog, Christmas wines & punches, etc. etc.

It is just the polite thing to do. And yet the people in these other countries do NOT gain weight the way it

happens in the US.

I have read stories, by Americans that they can eat all of the pasta, bread & cookies in other parts of the
world & they do not gain weight. Yet, they come back home & they balloon up.

So, my conclusion, from the research I have done, is the fact that the WHEAT is very different in

the US. The processed foods have so many chemicals & additives that make us CRAVE more & more!

And then, like you mentioned, we do not exercise enough. It should be a habit like waking up & brushing

our teeth, saying our morning prayers, followed by our shower. Exercise should be part of our day. And then

after a large Holiday meal, a walk, a hike afterwards should be a habit BEFORE DESSERT.

Anyway, wishing you & your loved ones A HAPPY CHRISTMAS-HOLIDAY SEASON!

And many Blessings for 2021!! Now, go have some APPLE PIE (after you go out for a walk!

You are THE BEST!!HUGS
And I love the way the English, Canadians, Australians, etc.

spell HONOUR, COLOUR, etc.Thanks for everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Thanks for the honor ("honour" for our British English readers) but humbling speaking I'm not the best, that was only meant as tongue-in-cheek. I'm no better than anyone else as well as a sinner.

I also have Christian beliefs (though as a sinner I fail enough/too much following them as a flawed human being) and is why I limit my FB posts as "Z-berg" goes pretty much many things UN-Christian in my view.

Every year at this time it's about tackling the "battle of the bulge/weight". Lesser portion size, carb size, increase healthy fat intake as the body needs it and a little exercise even if it means taking a nice walk everyday IMHO. There are ways to control Diabetes via diet/exercise, but not "one size fits all". Many of us need to get off our butts, me included - we sit in front of a computer/tablet/TV too much IMO. Years ago people on the whole were more active and ate more sensibly IMO.

GOD BLESS YOU, YOURS, and EVERYONE reading this!
HAPPY 4th day of CHRISTMAS to EVERYONE reading this, to everyone in the

COUNTRY PORCH!!!TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS!!!CHEERS & BLESSINGS EVERYONE!!!

I hope that the 3rd DAY of CHRISTMAS was just as LOVELY!!!HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON to ALL!!

Old 12-28-2020, 02:53 PM

Talking Happy CHRISTMAS SEASON to ALL! Happy New Year 2021!

A Ceremony of Carols | 19 December 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-UuSKTMvQ

Oxford New College Choir

Old 12-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Talking Enjoy the ENTIRE HOLIDAY SEASON!! You ALL ARE SO WONDERFUL!! LOVE YA!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjgFKACcdQ

Angels from the Realms of Glory - The Piano Guys, Peter Hollens and David Archuleta

MERRY MERRY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE, IN NEW

ENGLAND, IN NC, in NJ, IN CALIFORNIA, in MA, in MAINE, in VT, in CT, in RI, in Wisconsin, in Minnesota,

in IDAHO, in Montana, in IOWA, in NEBRASKA, in SOUTH DAKOTA, in KENTUCKY, in VA, in PA, MICHIGAN,

in ILLINOIS, in WYOMING, in NORTH DAKOTA, in TEXAS, in GEORGIA, in SOUTH CAROLINA, NY, OHIO,

etc. etc.
And of course to ALL of the AMAZING FRIENDS

PART OF THE COUNTRY PORCH!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

2021!! CHEERS & BLESSINGS!!!

Old 12-29-2020, 07:17 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
You are so knowledgeable! I celebrate usually until I go back to work LOL. That isn't happening yet - so maybe another week? CT scan on Monday - new baseline after the cancer/radiation treatment. I am celebrating that the Lord has blessed me so much this year - miracles for sure. Cheers and thanks Sheena for coming to celebrate with us!!
Wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:06 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:

My prayers for more miracles and blessings!

I don't know how I missed that you're getting cancer/radiation treatment - but I did and so sorry about my mishap to miss such an important thing.

Please keep us updated.

GOD Bless!

Old 12-30-2020, 08:18 AM

Smile Thank you, SHEENA!!:) NHMOM, how are you doing??

Dear SHEENA,

Once again, THANKS for being a part of the COUNTRY PORCH FAMILY

Thank you for PRAYING for our Dear NHMOM! We all have to lift each other in prayer. Our Dear NHMOM has been through a lot, but she has
been a real trooper. And she has been BLESSED because of her Faith.

Thank you, Sheena! ((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers.
Dear NHMOM, please let us know how you are doing! Praying for more miracles!!!

((((HUGS)))) BLESSINGS & MUCH LOVE going your way!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire