Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:02 AM

202 posts, read 505,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
as a NH native - I am offended that you would try to tell me what to discuss and what not to discuss

there was a post blaming dems as if democrat was a dirty word - I was responding to that - if you don't like it, then perhaps you need to move your thread to somewhere more appropriate -

and I don't mean another forum.
Democrat and Republican labels are not necessarily the issue as there are Dems in NH who supporty liberty and some Repubs who don't. But I do not want us to get off on that too much as it will take us off the original topic, that is why I asked you not to keep going down that road.

I would not presume to tell you what to discuss, I just wanted to try to keep the thread on topic and relatively free from going down a different road and then not being helpful to those who might otherwise find the information useful.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 AM

108 posts, read 375,180 times
Boo-hoo! I've lived in North Carolina my whole life and it costs more to live here now than it ever has. Thanks to uppity northerners like you overpopulating my state but you don't see me putting up posts telling all Northern people to not move to the south, states change! Deal with it! You can defend your statements all you want but you still pigeonholed one group of people. You also made this a political debate when you decided to call everyone that doesn't have the same view as you Politically Correct Leftists. And don't try to attack the south either I was raised here and my family roots stem from Long Island to Michigan.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,683 times
Hi,

I agree with everything you say about small government and keeping out of people's lives.

How is NH for gay and alternative lifestyles? I'm really looking for a place where people are not condemning my partners and I lifestyle choices....as well as four seasons, less of a nanny state and tax burden.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbottles View Post
Boo-hoo! I've lived in North Carolina my whole life and it costs more to live here now than it ever has. Thanks to uppity northerners like you overpopulating my state but you don't see me putting up posts telling all Northern people to not move to the south, states change! Deal with it! You can defend your statements all you want but you still pigeonholed one group of people. You also made this a political debate when you decided to call everyone that doesn't have the same view as you Politically Correct Leftists. And don't try to attack the south either I was raised here and my family roots stem from Long Island to Michigan.
I have no interest in North Carolina, your taxes are too high and I have no intention of moving there. So please don't take it out on me if you are unhappy living there.

My intent with my original post was to educate people from other areas of the country as to what they could expect when coming here including the weather. It is up to them about whether or not they come here but somebody coming from southern california is in for a rude awakening when winter rolls around.

Also, it seems as though there are some on this forum who might be being cheerleaders to get people to come to NH so they can make money (real estate agents) or for partisan political reasons (I think we already have one angry democrat who has posted). I wish folks would be honest and upfront in those cases and just say that they have a financial/partisan interest in encouraging people to come to New Hampshire. That would help people from other parts of the country to evaluate the credibility of their posts.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,141,192 times
NH is not as liberal as VT in that respect, but we tend to leave everyone to themselves and we're not targeting gays for the most part.

The way I look at it, there is no reason why I should know your sexual preference nor should I care.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayliberty View Post
Hi,

I agree with everything you say about small government and keeping out of people's lives.

How is NH for gay and alternative lifestyles? I'm really looking for a place where people are not condemning my partners and I lifestyle choices....as well as four seasons, less of a nanny state and tax burden.
There is a civil unions law now for gay people here in NH. I supported it though I would prefer that marriage simply be removed altogether from the power of the state and be given to the church's to do with as they wish (there are some who will marry gays and some who won't, let them all decide as they wish). If there must be legal documents issues by the state then it should be civil union type documents for everybody.

The less power the state has, the better. If you come up please bear this in mind when you vote and pick your candidates carefully.

The NH Liberty Alliance New Hampshire Liberty Alliance - Enhancing & Safeguarding New Hampshire's Liberty Culture issues report cards on legislators so you can find who is pro-liberty and who is not. The NHLA is not democrat and it is not republican. The evaluate both parties and you will find that there are authoritarians in both parties who must be voted out.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:14 AM

I don't care if people come to this state or not. It's not likely that the influx from MA along the border towns will do anything to change the way NH does business. It's not going to happen.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:15 AM

There is a civil unions law now for gay people here in NH. I supported it though I would prefer that marriage simply be removed altogether from the power of the state and be given to the church's to do with as they wish

I have no problem with civil unions. I'm glad that the church is not the only beast with power because so many people don't attend any church and that is OK too.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I welcome any and all Democrats that support individual liberty (read minimal to no gun control) and sensible progressive taxation. We have plenty of room in the areas around the lakes and north of the notch. PM me for contact information for the Democratic Party in New Hampshire.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I welcome any and all Democrats that support individual liberty (read minimal to no gun control) and sensible progressive taxation. We have plenty of room in the areas around the lakes and north of the notch. PM me for contact information for the Democratic Party in New Hampshire.
Sensible progressive taxation? Code words for sales and income taxes which would result in gigantic, Massachusetts-like bureacracies, corrupt unions and a shifting of power away from local control and acountability.

I don't think you do your party any favors by promoting income and sales taxes here. They are never "progressive" they are only regressive and wrong. If that's what you want then you should move south and live in Massachusetts. The western part of MA is quite scenic so if beautiful scenery is why you are in New Hampshire it would be best if you considered leaving and moving to Massachusetts.

We do not want and will not accept a sales or an income tax. If you didn't mean that then say so now so we know where you stand, particularly if are representing the Democratic party in this thread. And if you have an official affiliation then please disclose it so others know that you are a staffer or a paid lobbyist. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire