Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:40 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

Coming From Nj And Would Like A Nice Area To Raise 3 Children With Good School Systems............realize That Nj Is Expensive But I Feel That Nh Would Be More Reasonable?..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2006, 12:05 AM

3 posts, read 10,136 times
Depends on What your idea of "Expensive" is. I live in Newmarket and we are in a tricky situation. Property Taxes for schools. about $7500 per year for a house that is about 325k and about 1800 SF

Newmarket taxpayers shot down building a new 40 million high school. The taxes would have killed the taxpayers. The school is at about 98 percent full and the developers are still building houses everwhere you look.

I know alot of the schools are full. Exeter just built a new high school.

(it has slowed a bit in the last 6 months.... but it seemed like any town I would drive though in the seacoast was a new devlopement being built)

I bought a house in the mountians and hope to move there sooner or later.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:57 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times
Default Still Looking For A Town In Nh That Is Safe, With Good Schools?

Looking For A Nice Nh Town To Raise Our 3 Kids With A Good School System......thanks

Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Default Info on NH

Either a lot of NH people don't post here or it's hard to get info about the areas. Your best bet is to google or check out various sites that rate areas and go see them. That's what I am going to do. Of course, getting a job in the area would be a plus..!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:41 PM

8 posts, read 28,273 times
Hi, i just joined. I am from Littleton NH. I would love to say that this is a good area for Schools? But, it is a very lovley,peaceful place to raise Children. I am to a Mom of 3, Single and, it's hard raising them up here.But, i was born & raised in NJ and, I saw the pain my Mom & Dad went through then. They also moved us up here in 1976 so, that may help? If, you want? Email me or leave a reply in here and, maybe you would accept a few pics, and, i will even go to lengths to send you a Local newspaper and, I can even give you a few Online local papers for around this Area up here. Take Care & Good luck. Look forward hearing from You--Please, let me know that it was from a posted reply(lol).Thanks Alot---

Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 AM

4 posts, read 12,784 times
Hi - I currently live in Pelham NH -- which sits right on the Massachusetts state line --- I moved from MASS - as I could more home for my $$ -- I love my school system - but our property taxes are HIGH --- higher then most of the surounding area's. I have family that live in Sanddown NH -- they love it. Both girls went to public schools and very happy! Not sure if they helps or not.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrish127
Hi - I currently live in Pelham NH -- which sits right on the Massachusetts state line --- I moved from MASS - as I could more home for my $$ -- I love my school system - but our property taxes are HIGH --- higher then most of the surounding area's. I have family that live in Sanddown NH -- they love it. Both girls went to public schools and very happy! Not sure if they helps or not.
See, i told you its gonna be a hard decision Gypsy- I'll keep you posted.Everyone here has good points. I'll chat w/ you l8r..

Old 07-19-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds
Looking For A Nice Nh Town To Raise Our 3 Kids With A Good School System......thanks
"HI" , i am hoping you can get some info from these posts? If, you are? I hope its helping you as well. Have a very Nice Day..
:0)~~

Old 07-19-2006, 03:27 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
If we do move to NH it will have to be mid to north (I can stay here in Long Island and pay (if I had the money) overpriced housing costs and taxes.

Of course it looks like jobs are quite scarce up there (or just 'hidden?). If things seem positive, we will plan a trip up to the state soon.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:58 AM

266 posts, read 1,025,797 times
Deeds-We used to live in Merrimack, NH. It was a really nice town. The schools I thought were great and it was very safe!

The town is REALLY into soccer which was a great way to meet people (if you have kids into soccer). It was about 20 minutes to a mall (2 different ones) and about 20 min to the airport (Manchester).

The taxes are pretty high, but I think that goes for alot of places up north. We lived in NE all of our lives and needed a change so after 30 years we moved to Fl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire