Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:11 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiej63 View Post
I have my 21 yr old daughter visiting me and my 10 yr old niece and it has been a real pain trying to find indoor things to do. They wanted to go to the shore today and an amusement park tomorrow <sigh>

Back to the computer to find more museums....
How far do you want to drive? Are you in Manchester? Laconia is quite a drive and I think we are in for another round of bad weather today though but Funspot is always an idea. If it is not close enough now or if the bad weather keeps you away today-you can always keep it in reserve for another time. It is an indoor arcade. They have lots of pinball, skeeball, etc. They have a bowling alley. My husband and I love it because they have "old" games too like Miss Pac Man, Asteroids, etc-the games from our "youth". There are always people of all ages having fun there. Just a thought.

http://www.funspotnh.com/

Last edited by nicolem; 08-11-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 07:21 AM

117 posts, read 425,168 times
All the farmers are saying it is abnormal, so I'll side with them

Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiej63 View Post
I have my 21 yr old daughter visiting me and my 10 yr old niece and it has been a real pain trying to find indoor things to do. They wanted to go to the shore today and an amusement park tomorrow <sigh>

Back to the computer to find more museums....

YOU could always take them to a water park...lol....then it doesn't matter if it's raining or not....sure not to be a line to get on any of the slides....

Old 08-11-2008, 10:09 AM

452 posts, read 1,734,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexicana View Post
All the farmers are saying it is abnormal, so I'll side with them
One can't complain too much. It's been one of the best years for my garden. I haven't had to water all of July when it's normally pretty dry. The veggies are just busting out everywhere.

But, I'm ready to say "Uncle" as far as the rain is concerned. I wouldn't mind having a weeks worth of sunshine to offset the dreariness that all the rainy days bring..

Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 AM

909 posts, read 3,364,186 times
Saturday was funny. We stepped out of the hotel and gasped, "look! It's sunny!" Dh knew it was predicted to be sunny so he designated that day to buy a lawn mower and finally mow the jungle that's been growing in our front yard

Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 AM

951 posts, read 1,655,696 times
It just absolutely monsooned here on the Cape about 30 mins ago. I have never seen so much rain. The rain was hitting the steel roof so hard we had to nearly shout at each other to hear!! The road out front flooded over the curbing and into our parking lot at work. As the cars were passing, it created waves to our front door! It must have been almost two feet deep on the road. The traffic is snarled in all directions!!

I would agree with abnormal now!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,306,149 times
Angry that won't be pretty

let's hope all this rain doesn't come this winter in the form of snow or we'll be up to are eye balls in a couple of months..

Old 08-11-2008, 02:54 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,067,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
let's hope all this rain doesn't come this winter in the form of snow or we'll be up to are eye balls in a couple of months..
It won't...when we were deciding what to do about clearing the driveway of the house we bought I ended up getting a great deal on a 48" tractor mounted snow thrower when I bought the tractor. That should just about insure very little snow this winter...

Old 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM

91 posts, read 307,848 times
It's definitely abnormal. I've lived here for 24 years and don't remember many wet summers like this. A few springs, maybe, but not summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire