Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,704,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I'm glad that it will be working out for you after all, possibly it's happening exactly as it is meant to be -- I'm a big believer in that! It's great that you'll be able to keep the original plan, and you'll be rested and refreshed and ready to get to work when you get back

I wanted to mention that while there were some great ideas out there for options for you in finding someone to take your place, that would usually need to be approved of by the owner of the cottage... If they only had your name down for the rental and there were any damages (especially if you went with a craigslist posting) you may be held liable. It's no longer an issue, but just wanted to mention that to you

So now you can start counting down the days!!! Oh, and congratulations on getting that job--maybe you can start flying to NH for a reduced price as an employee??
Thanks for that valuable info Valerie, I hope I never have to think about a decision like that again to need it, but you never know.

Yes I am also a strong believer in if it's meant to be it will happen, it just may take a bit -- which is why I wasn't in panic mode, just trying to look at all the options. So yes now I can see the light at the end of the calendar months and look forward to meeting you my friend.

I can fly reduced yes - but it will depend on the rental car and such as well...but I'm sure it will end up being cheaper in the long run
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 10:41 PM

248 posts, read 805,501 times
Wink Yea!!!! :)

I'm so happy that things are working out for you NH2NCMOM!! You so deserve that! Phew!!!

Thank you for keeping us updated and for asking us advice on such an important issue! Very glad to hear that everything is (very close....barring no complications with your job ) working out for you - couldn't happen to a better person!

Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,108 times
I would make it clear to your future employer that the job is your first priority and if asking for any changes in their normal hiring routine would in any way put you in jeopardy of not being considered you would cancel the trip.
However, since you had already made plans for a specific date and paid money to secure those plans, without knowing there would be any conflict with the timing of your training, you would much appreciate any consideration they might have regarding a problem that was pretty much beyond your control. You had no way of knowing your training dates might conflict with your already made plans.
A lot of employers frown on a new hire asking for anything other than what is being offered to them and changing any part of the companys agenda.
If they are willing to work with you and told you that you got the job, thats great.
But if they are training more than one person, the people who complete the training first may be hired before you.
Do you know how many spots they have to fill?
Hopefully delaying your training won't mean that someone who trained before you might get a spot that you might have had and then you have to wait for another one to open up.
Just something to think about. I certainly don't know if this might be the case. Having worked in management for a few years before I retired I know we would hire several people to train on a probationary basis instead of just one person.
This gave us a chance to find out which trainee best fit our expectations and we didn't have to go through the whole interview process again to find one other person we might consider for employment.
I hope it all works out well for you.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,178,551 times
NH2NCMom - I'm so glad things worked out for you - like you and others here, I also believe that if something is meant to happen, it will, sometimes we just have to be patient and let everything get sorted out and it looks like your situation did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire