Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 AM

100 posts, read 206,213 times

Advertisements

The only reason (of course there is no such reason) I would consider leaving my area is sprawl. If I were to leave New Hampshire, I would head for Canada. Growing up in Boston, I have always wanted to live here and can't imagine leaving it. It is truly everything I hoped it would be here. Should that change, I will have to consider going further north. I prefer the New England seasons, landscape, history, people. I love my simple country home and farm lifestyle. I am in awe of my surroundings. I wish I could find more adequate employment. I am now considering opening my own business. But even if I had to stay at this level I wouldn't leave here.

jaqui
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:38 AM

282 posts, read 1,186,242 times
Upon my retirement---years and years away---I would like to move to the Caribbean. I love NH, but winter stinks and I love the weather and attitude of the islands. A pipe dream, but my dream nonetheless!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 AM

586 posts, read 1,506,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Ireland.
Western Ireland is one of my favorite places on earth! Soooooooo beautiful.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:05 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdancingqueen View Post
Western Ireland is one of my favorite places on earth! Soooooooo beautiful.
I agree but I am not unbiased. My parents are from "the west" as the Irish say. Galway and Roscommon. My uncle still lives on the farm he grew up on with my mother. My cousins are there now, running the farm and starting their own families... I am a dual citizen and will go live there some day (life goal)...

Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
Seamus: I never would have guessed you were Irish!!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:50 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,573 times
Well I *did* leave obviously - as I did to be with my husband who has lived in NC his whole life (he didn't feel he could deal with the cold - and I was particularly so over it with the winters). However, I am now dying to move back to NH - or wanting to move to the other side of NC - the Charlotte side.

I think all those who think NC is hot is thinking further south or the eastern side of the state. Over by Asheville and the mountains it isn't as hot as Raleigh south.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:45 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Well I *did* leave obviously - as I did to be with my husband who has lived in NC his whole life (he didn't feel he could deal with the cold - and I was particularly so over it with the winters). However, I am now dying to move back to NH - or wanting to move to the other side of NC - the Charlotte side.

I think all those who think NC is hot is thinking further south or the eastern side of the state. Over by Asheville and the mountains it isn't as hot as Raleigh south.
I have friends in Sylva N.C. Thats a real nice area. I actually got caught in a snowstorm riding a motorcycle there on Thanksgiving day a couple years ago. I almost bought a cabin in Dillsboro. I love that area. If all my family wasen't in N.H. i would probably move to that area of N.C. There's a awful lot of Floridians moving to the Carolinas so things are gonna change.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM

122 posts, read 313,342 times
Ken E, there have been lots of Floridians moving to NC since the early '90's (after Hurricane Andrew) so that's nothing new. There's nothing wrong with Floridians, especially the ones that choose to leave. They are/were looking for the same things many people are ~ 4 seasons, less traffic jams, perhaps a slower pace, people who speak English.
I am a Floridian, moving to New England next summer, and wouldn't think of moving to NC for various reasons, but one reason is that so many SouthFloridians have done so. I don't want to live in an area of transplanted people just like me. I am a maverick, not a follower!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
You wont have to worry about seeing to many transplanted Floridians up in N.H.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 AM

452 posts, read 1,733,854 times
Well...........I guess if I did have to leave New Hampshire, I may consider Tahiti. Inspecting grass huts along a sunny, warm sand covered coast line seems to have some appeal to me.....

Everyone have a Great NH fall day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire