Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:47 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,938,068 times

Advertisements

Anyone stayed here or know about this place? Looks OK - thinking of going down for a weekend. Comments?

New Jersey Shore Hotels, Resorts & Long Branch Accommodations - Ocean Place Resort & Spa

Last edited by Obrero; 06-24-2010 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: changed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 02:52 PM

I'm answering my own post (which is like talking to yourself in real life)...I just read some trip advisor reviews and they were not pretty. Sigh.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:21 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I'm answering my own post (which is like talking to yourself in real life)...I just read some trip advisor reviews and they were not pretty. Sigh.
LMAO

I guess you're not talking about a Borgata or hotel like that - something smaller?

Not sure this qualifies as a "resort" in the sense you're thinking of, but..

Daddy O Hotel, Restaurant - Long Beach Island

I probably wouldn't want to bring my kids, wasn't sure if you were looking kid friendly or not...

Old 06-24-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
LMAO

I guess you're not talking about a Borgata or hotel like that - something smaller?

Not sure this qualifies as a "resort" in the sense you're thinking of, but..

Daddy O Hotel, Restaurant - Long Beach Island

I probably wouldn't want to bring my kids, wasn't sure if you were looking kid friendly or not...
Yeah something like the Borgata but much further North would be perfect! There must be somewhere upscale with beach / pool service etc? Surely.

Daddy O place looks great but no pool! I would take my kids there but I take them everywhere.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:41 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,350,079 times
Who needs a pool when you have the ocean?

Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
The Marriott in Absecon is nice.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:10 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Yeah something like the Borgata but much further North would be perfect! There must be somewhere upscale with beach / pool service etc? Surely.

Daddy O place looks great but no pool! I would take my kids there but I take them everywhere.
You know, I didn't even realize they didn't have a pool!

While not quite as "upscale", here's another on LBI that you may like. The oceanfront rooms look much better than the "deluxe".

The Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club

Old 06-25-2010, 02:55 PM

220 posts, read 623,920 times
Daddy "O"'s is not even a block from the beach & I would bring my kids there. The Sea Shell is nice & fun & has a pool but I wouldn't say upscale (& right ON the beach). The only place on LBI that I may not bring my kid too is possibly Nardy's & even then...probably only after about 9PM...

Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 PM

181 posts, read 906,138 times
The Sea Shell on LBI has had a lot of complaints of noise. And I wouldn't call it upscale or a resort. There are several very nice Inns/ B&B's in Beach Haven that are very upscale even if they are not full scale resorts:
The Williams Cottage Inn: Long Beach Island New Jersey shore bed and breakfast inn lodging. Reserve Williams Cottage Inn in Beach Haven.
The Gables: Long Beach Island Restaurant NJ Hotel Beach Haven New Jersey Inn LBI
Neither has a pool.

With a pool:
The Victoria Guest House: Jersey Shore Bed and Breakfast Long Beach Island New Jersey Lodging NJ B&B Inn
The Hydrangea House: Hydrangeahouseinn.com

None of these are "resorts"', but all are very nice with very good to excellent reputations.
Outside of AC, there are very limited options for upscale, resort, full service hotels on the shore.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM

181 posts, read 906,138 times
The Sea Shell on LBI has had a lot of complaints of noise. And I wouldn't call it upscale or a resort. There are several very nice Inns/ B&B's in Beach Haven that are very upscale even if they are not full scale resorts:
The Williams Cottage Inn: Long Beach Island New Jersey shore bed and breakfast inn lodging. Reserve Williams Cottage Inn in Beach Haven.
The Gables: Long Beach Island Restaurant NJ Hotel Beach Haven New Jersey Inn LBI
Neither has a pool.

With a pool:
The Victoria Guest House: Jersey Shore Bed and Breakfast Long Beach Island New Jersey Lodging NJ B&B Inn
The Hydrangea House: Hydrangeahouseinn.com

None of these are "resorts"', but all are very nice with very good to excellent reputations.
Outside of AC, there are very limited options for upscale, resort, full service hotels on the shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey