Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:23 PM

16 posts, read 129,949 times

Advertisements

Carteret is not the most scenic place. There are some nice looking areas, but everything is bordering on not so great. They've built a lot of new housing, but the price is inexpensive comparably because it's a tough sell.

I'm a real estate agent in central NJ and had a client who was looking an had a very low budget. ahe gre up in Rahway and was no stranger to neighboring not so great areas, but she decided it was too far up and coming. It is not known for it's school system and may be a tough sell for you if you decide to have kids and relocatel to a better school system. Also, have you thought about moving to a town that has a train station so that you can use public transportation to get to jersey city? All of the trains in the area stop in Newark where you can pick up the path train.

If you're interested in more info about Carteret, let me kknow. I'd be happy to send you a neighborhood report that includes crime rates, school reports, etc. I can also help you find some other options if you're interested. if you'd like some assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck with your decision.

Ali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,187 times
Thumbs down U R A Realtor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
Carteret is a hit or miss town. Basically what you need to know is STAY AWAY FROM THE CHROME AREA!!! That area is near all the gas tankers and is the cheapest part of town. I will agree with you, I was one of those people that thought Carteret was all bad but once I started doing real estate years ago, I realized that it is not all bad. There are some really nice sections of Carteret. I just sold a house off of Daniel which is about 2 miles from Park Ave and it is a beautiful area.

And you print this kind of message? Enjoy your retirement.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,098 times
Default STAY AWAY from Carteret, NJ!!

I lived in Carteret, NJ for 6 years growing up. The town is a rat hole. The majority of it's residents are less than middle to lower class. There is no economical stimili in that town. Jobs are not there....unles you want to be a 30+ yr old cashier at Shop Rite. The education...or lack of...that is offered at the High School is pathetic.
You will find a vast majority of life long residents. You children will have friends who great grandparents, grandparents and parents all grew up in Carteret and still live there to this day (if living). Why? Because people in that town wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they ventured outside of the 2x2 mile town.
Politics? let's say....when I lived there the chief of police was the mayors brother. And they were both corrupt! How's that for anice little town. If you were well known and a life long resident you were "ok". God forbid you be an "outsider"....your family was harassed....don't let these "lifers" on this forum tell you otherwise. I lifed through that kind of BS. If your name is Sica or friends of a Sica you are in the "in crowd"..otherwise...look out...
It's actually quite sad.

I got out of that rat hole as soon as I could once I turned 17...and I never looked back. I couldn't see raising my children in that enviroment.

Not to mention the garbage and waste in that town. Do your research....check on the cancer rate. We lived there for 6 years...my mother was later diagnosed with cancer and passed away. My step father and sister both were diagnosed with cancer but beat it. And even I developed a tumor which was thankfully benign and removed.

If you cherish your health and sanity....stay away from Carteret, NJ

Old 05-25-2009, 01:29 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Pathmark is Headquartered in Carteret, not exactly anything to brag about.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 AM

25 posts, read 65,703 times
You lived in Carteret all your life? what school did you attend? I am trying to find people that I grew up with, went to school with, even if I forgotten names it has been a very long time. I live in these apartments on Roosevelt Ave we were one of the first family that moved in when they were still building...maybe we know each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey