Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 02:00 PM

4 posts, read 4,896 times

Advertisements

Hi, Can anyone give me an input for must have upgrades for Atlantic model?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 05:33 PM

20 posts, read 27,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuyer_NJ View Post
We have the Atlantic and I highly recommend getting the kitchen island with the counter top overhang. At first we selected the island but no overhang and very fortunately was able to change it before the kitchen was installed.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:05 AM

Thank you so much for the information! How about the refrigerator option? Is it possible to get the French door since one side has wall?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much for the information! How about the refrigerator option? Is it possible to get the French door since one side has wall?
We bought our own at Home Depot and have a french door fridge with the freezer drawer on the bottom. Yes the door hits the wall but we have no problem getting into the fridge. Just make sure the handle has a lower profile.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katipiders View Post
We bought our own at Home Depot and have a french door fridge with the freezer drawer on the bottom. Yes the door hits the wall but we have no problem getting into the fridge. Just make sure the handle has a lower profile.
Thanks!! Will keep that in mind

Old 10-07-2015, 02:22 PM

31 posts, read 56,636 times
agree on the island! we didn't get the overhang but i think the island is a must.

Also, if you get elevation B or C you get the front patio which is very nice

Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerNJ View Post
agree on the island! we didn't get the overhang but i think the island is a must.

Also, if you get elevation B or C you get the front patio which is very nice
Agreed on the porch, very glad we did that as well.

And we love, love, love! the overhang counter. We got 4 counter height stools for it and that has turned into our everyday dining spot. We hardly ever use our kitchen table any more.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:52 PM

90 posts, read 153,021 times
Quote:
I'll tell you what I wish I got:

1) Fireplace
2) More recessed lights.. i cheaped out and didn't get them in other bedrooms... rooms are now dark and it's going to cost me a ton to add them in.
3) Flood light in the backyard.

Also (as suggested earlier), the island is a must. The kitchen has more than enough room to fit one and looks empty without it. I'm surprised this isn't standard.

I also highly recommend upgrading all of the door handles and hinges inside the house. the standard gold plated ones look bad and un-hanging that many doors to replace hinges and knobs will never happen.

Get the light fixtures from Chester lighting. While we had our troubles with Chester, it would have been a real pain to change all the fixtures ourselves. The standard fixtures are horrible.

Change the floor on the first floor to be more uniform. The standard option will have 5-6 different floors on an pretty open floor plan... (entry wood, dining room carpet, hallway to laundry room carpet, kitchen tile, bathroom tile, family room carpet, etc.)....

Clock outlets are a must wherever you plan to hang TV's.. this is done by the electrician.

while we got some stuff done, you don't need anything that the media guy is offering (HDMI prewire)

Old 10-08-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpail View Post
I'll tell you what I wish I got:

1) Fireplace
2) More recessed lights.. i cheaped out and didn't get them in other bedrooms... rooms are now dark and it's going to cost me a ton to add them in.
3) Flood light in the backyard.

Also (as suggested earlier), the island is a must. The kitchen has more than enough room to fit one and looks empty without it. I'm surprised this isn't standard.

I also highly recommend upgrading all of the door handles and hinges inside the house. the standard gold plated ones look bad and un-hanging that many doors to replace hinges and knobs will never happen.

Get the light fixtures from Chester lighting. While we had our troubles with Chester, it would have been a real pain to change all the fixtures ourselves. The standard fixtures are horrible.

Change the floor on the first floor to be more uniform. The standard option will have 5-6 different floors on an pretty open floor plan... (entry wood, dining room carpet, hallway to laundry room carpet, kitchen tile, bathroom tile, family room carpet, etc.)....

Clock outlets are a must wherever you plan to hang TV's.. this is done by the electrician.

while we got some stuff done, you don't need anything that the media guy is offering (HDMI prewire)
Just our experience, for the lighting, we did not like Chester lighting, nor did we appreciate minimum order amount, we had them put in the standard fixtures. Afterwards we bought everything through Home Depot then hired a contractor to install them. In the end we have beautiful fixtures and spent less than half of what Chester would have charged for just the light fixtures alone.

We also had the electrician install ceiling fan bases in the living room and in all the bedrooms and had our guy install the fans.

Agreed on the door handles!

Old 10-09-2015, 06:55 AM

Angry Jerk with Fireworks

Did anyone else get woken up at 2:30 AM by some jerk shooting off fireworks FROM HIS CAR?

He came up Rutgers Blvd from Randolph, shot bottle rockets from his car then lit an entire bag of firecrackers and bottle rockets on fire and dropped it in the middle of the road by the framed out apartments. He tried lighting another bag on fire right in the intersection of Allen Rd, Dewitt and Rutgers. FYI, he was in a light colored Jeep Cherokee. Yes, we called the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey