Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Video showing the famous people from New Jersey, high cost of living, high taxes, pollution, but Jersey still a great state to be part of, Jersey not only state with problems

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:24 PM

49 posts, read 276,990 times

Advertisements

No matter what, many of us still love NJ, the affordability factor is a nuisance but **** we're an awesome state. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=502hm-hWaT0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 08:53 PM

421 posts, read 469,437 times
Default awesome state?

You are not aware that NJ lives under a toxic cloud? That NJ has the most cases of childhood lukemea? That there is acid rain? That there is buried toxic waste? That there is so much bacteria in the rivers that scientists from all over the world go there to collect samples? Yet and still you pay enormous taxes for this?

Old 09-07-2006, 12:54 AM

86 posts, read 275,890 times
Default Corzine corruption

Rainbowwaves,

Your taxes do not go to make things right in NJ. They go into the pockets of people who do favors. I have documents that show the State paid a company over $300,000 to remove a virus/spyware from a desktop computer.

I have a free program that keeps spyware off my computer.

I have a free antivirus program that keeps viruses off my computer.

The State however must not have anything to protect their desktop computers.

Would you pay $300,000 to have a virus/spyware removed from a computer?

Well you did! Your tax dollars paid the $300,000!

I have other documents to show auto being purchased, numerous golf outings, ect, ect, ect. Millions and millions of your tax dollars being used for the pleasure of others.

I was going to post the documents here but my thread "NJ is the worse State" was locked. I can provide a link to the documents if you are interested in reading them. PM me and I'll send the links. The documents are on a State website. Imagine that!

Old 09-07-2006, 04:39 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptnj View Post
Rainbowwaves,

Your taxes do not go to make things right in NJ. They go into the pockets of people who do favors. I have documents that show the State paid a company over $300,000 to remove a virus/spyware from a desktop computer.

I have a free program that keeps spyware off my computer.

I have a free antivirus program that keeps viruses off my computer.

The State however must not have anything to protect their desktop computers.

Would you pay $300,000 to have a virus/spyware removed from a computer?

Well you did! Your tax dollars paid the $300,000!

I have other documents to show auto being purchased, numerous golf outings, ect, ect, ect. Millions and millions of your tax dollars being used for the pleasure of others.

I was going to post the documents here but my thread "NJ is the worse State" was locked. I can provide a link to the documents if you are interested in reading them. PM me and I'll send the links. The documents are on a State website. Imagine that!
Man, I'm getting weary of watching you spew all of this crap as if NJ is the only state in the nation where money gets wasted, cars get bought, golf outings are paid for, etc. I hate to break this to you, but that stuff happens everywhere! Unfortunately, NJ has been dragged through the mud more than some other places for this kind of stuff, but please don't make it sound like the politicians in the rest of the country are so squeaky clean and Dudley-Do-Right.

I've lived in NJ all of my life, with the exception of 5 years living in Las Vegas. Is NJ perfect? No- far from it. But guess what? I've done extensive research on a ton of other places to live, and if you can believe this, none of them are perfect either. Yes, our taxes are high, but so is my salary- if I was working at McDonalds, maybe I wouldn't be so complacent about it, but I'm not. And for all of the folks working at McDonalds who choose to whine about how they can't make it on minimum wage, here's a novel idea- go and improve yourself, and get a better job! I've tripled my salary in the last 6 years-nothing was handed to me- I learned and I earned, and now I can afford to stay here close to my family and friends.

And please don't tell me all about your big lead paint coverup- I've read it all already in the 30 other threads you've mentioned it in. Again- that stuff happens every day. Is it right to just cover it up? Nope. Does it happen? Absolutely- and not just in NJ. In fact, I betcha it actually happens in that sticky, alligator infested shangri-la called Florida....heaven forbid.....

Bob

Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 AM

69 posts, read 492,386 times
Default Thanks Bob!!

Hey Bob
thanks so much for sticking up for NJ.... And you know what there are so many other states that have problems people are making it sound like we are the only ones.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,632,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Man, I'm getting weary of watching you spew all of this crap as if NJ is the only state in the nation where money gets wasted, cars get bought, golf outings are paid for, etc. I hate to break this to you, but that stuff happens everywhere! Unfortunately, NJ has been dragged through the mud more than some other places for this kind of stuff, but please don't make it sound like the politicians in the rest of the country are so squeaky clean and Dudley-Do-Right.

I've lived in NJ all of my life, with the exception of 5 years living in Las Vegas. Is NJ perfect? No- far from it. But guess what? I've done extensive research on a ton of other places to live, and if you can believe this, none of them are perfect either. Yes, our taxes are high, but so is my salary- if I was working at McDonalds, maybe I wouldn't be so complacent about it, but I'm not. And for all of the folks working at McDonalds who choose to whine about how they can't make it on minimum wage, here's a novel idea- go and improve yourself, and get a better job! I've tripled my salary in the last 6 years-nothing was handed to me- I learned and I earned, and now I can afford to stay here close to my family and friends.

And please don't tell me all about your big lead paint coverup- I've read it all already in the 30 other threads you've mentioned it in. Again- that stuff happens every day. Is it right to just cover it up? Nope. Does it happen? Absolutely- and not just in NJ. In fact, I betcha it actually happens in that sticky, alligator infested shangri-la called Florida....heaven forbid.....

Bob
I got your back Bob. All the blah,blah,blah is getting tiresome. How about this, why don't we all (9,000,000 people give or take) just pick up and move out. I for one will go to Florida so I can irritate people down there with my rotten New Jersey attitude. Hey I got a great idea. Why don't we all move to Florida and ruin it just like we did New Jersey. Is there any place in Florida we can start ghettos in. I agree with you, I guess it's great to live in shangri-la. Hey maybe the people posting all the negative stuff are really disgruntled EX state workers that didn't get their slice of the pie!

Last edited by exhdo1; 09-07-2006 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 09-07-2006, 07:51 AM

86 posts, read 275,890 times
If you do not want to hear it do not read it! It's a pretty simple solution.

The one vendor who charged $300,000 to remove a virus was paid a total of over $35,000,000. for their services. This is just one vendor doing business with one state agency.

Keep raising taxes! The corrupt deserve to be paid too!

Old 09-07-2006, 08:00 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Quote:
I wish it was that simple, but when it gets injected into every thread in the NJ forum, it's a little tough to avoid. It also detracts from the useful info that the rest of the posters are looking to find.

If you want to ***** and whine about NJ, start a new thread, and keep the whining confined to that thread. Oh, wait- you tried that, and the moderators locked the thread. Hmmmm....maybe that should be taken as a hint????

Bob

Old 09-07-2006, 10:14 AM

12 posts, read 115,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I got your back Bob. All the blah,blah,blah is getting tiresome. How about this, why don't we all (9,000,000 people give or take) just pick up and move out. I for one will go to Florida so I can irritate people down there with my rotten New Jersey attitude. Hey I got a great idea. Why don't we all move to Florida and ruin it just like we did New Jersey. Is there any place in Florida we can start ghettos in. I agree with you, I guess it's great to live in shangri-la. Hey maybe the people posting all the negative stuff are really disgruntled EX state workers that didn't get their slice of the pie!
Start ghettos in Florida?? LOL. You have to be kidding. Florida is one of the most criminal states in the country, and has plenty of ghettos already.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:59 AM

49 posts, read 276,990 times
Quote:

The one vendor who charged $300,000 to remove a virus was paid a total of over $35,000,000. for their services. This is just one vendor doing business with one state agency.

Keep raising taxes! The corrupt deserve to be paid too!
Hate to tell you but Florida "ain't" that great! Cost of living is starting to rise but wages aren't keeping up, you're becoming way too crowded also, and crime continues to climb, you're in Mother Natures path during Hurricane Season and a big problem as far as the language issue goes. This paradise you speak of doesn't sound that great to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey