Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:05 PM

12 posts, read 35,564 times

Advertisements

I may be getting transferred to Rahway for work and have done some research on the general area, but I was hoping some well informed locals could give me some more ideas. Looking for the usual--nice area, good schools, family friendly. Oh yeah, my budget isn't large (for NJ standards, anyway).

I've been looking at East Brunswick, Marlboro, Manalapan areas. I can't afford WWindsor/Plainsboro... Anything else I may be overlooking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times
Rahway itself has some nice residential stately homes, not kidding.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:48 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
+1
If you look in the Milton Lake section of Rahway, you will see some very stately homes. How many of them might be for sale is something that I do not know, but this is a neighborhood that you might want to investigate.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 PM

Thank you both for the reply. My only concern with Rahway is that I've heard the schools there are not the best. I know people are probably too obsessed with all the different rankings, but I do want the kids to go to a safe, solid district.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,022 times
Inman hghts , milton lake or hospital section of rahway are all nice areas
or you could try colonia which is part of woodbridge

Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM

293 posts, read 720,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Unfortunately the school district is a disaster. Needless to say, it is not as safe as Woodbridge, thus prices reflecting the market's perception of the area. On the other hand, Rahway has such a beautiful stock of older homes as you previuosly mentioned. Additionally very convenient.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM

293 posts, read 720,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatupu70 View Post
Thank you both for the reply. My only concern with Rahway is that I've heard the schools there are not the best. I know people are probably too obsessed with all the different rankings, but I do want the kids to go to a safe, solid district.
So then you are better off going to Woodbridge or Clark. As much as I love the character and scenery of Rahway, I would not buy there. In addition, if you ever have to relocate or move, it'll be to get rid off the house. If I were you, I would look for a smaller and inexpensive home in say Cranford, Clark, or even Scotch Plains. Just a suggestion!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatupu70 View Post
I may be getting transferred to Rahway for work and have done some research on the general area, but I was hoping some well informed locals could give me some more ideas. Looking for the usual--nice area, good schools, family friendly. Oh yeah, my budget isn't large (for NJ standards, anyway).

I've been looking at East Brunswick, Marlboro, Manalapan areas. I can't afford WWindsor/Plainsboro... Anything else I may be overlooking?
Where would you be getting transfeerred to in Rahway ?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Where would you be getting transfeerred to in Rahway ?
I just looked it up--the office actually has an Avenel address. Looks like it's just east of Rt. 9 (between Rt. 9 and Rahway Ave.)

Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 AM

thats down near motor vehicle and the prison in avenal
its a 5 min drive if that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey