Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
if it's space you crave, go west young man.
...or South.
No, seriously. Some of you are comparing apples to oranges. If you live in places like Belleville, Nutley, Bogota, Hoboken, etc., that are very densely populated areas, you just have to park where there is a spot. It's too damn crowded in those areas to get into a territorial argument with your neighbors. Other areas, like Teaneck, mentioned by the OP, have plenty of places to park around your OWN home, in cases of driveway overflow.
Bottomline, if you have spots in front of your own home, park you car there first, not in front of a neighbors home...it's common courtesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 09:42 AM

236 posts, read 442,075 times
OMG!!!!! How ironic that someone started a thread on this. My boyfriend and I are having the same problem and it is driving us CRAZY!!!! We have 3 cars. Mine, his, and my son's car. My son and I park in the driveway and my boyfriend attempts to park in front of our house. I want to stress attempt because the neighbors have the area in front of their homes and their own driveways to park but do they park there??? Heck no. They park in front of our house. We can not have visitors because there is no parking unless they park 1/2 a block away. Our neighbors have 4 cars and then you add the girlfriends and boyfriends of the kids and you have a parking nightmare. We have gotten home before late at night only to experience the anger at having to walk to our front door from 1/2 a block away. Unfortunatley it is not only one neighbor that does this but two. One across the street and one next door. I might just lose my mind over this. It is truly driving me crazy. LOL

Old 10-05-2007, 01:12 AM

223 posts, read 796,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
...or South.
No, seriously. Some of you are comparing apples to oranges. If you live in places like Belleville, Nutley, Bogota, Hoboken, etc., that are very densely populated areas, you just have to park where there is a spot. It's too damn crowded in those areas to get into a territorial argument with your neighbors. Other areas, like Teaneck, mentioned by the OP, have plenty of places to park around your OWN home, in cases of driveway overflow.
Bottomline, if you have spots in front of your own home, park you car there first, not in front of a neighbors home...it's common courtesy.
South too, yes, good point.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,046,883 times
Please I'd be happy if I could even park one block close to my house. Driving is a sport it my town and sometimes can take 15 minutes. YOu people complain too much. It would be a luxury to many people to even have a driveway.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM

148 posts, read 639,434 times
We live in a multi family home and soon after we moved in the neighbors across the street left a note on my husband's car saying "it would be nice if you parked in front of your own home"...I thought it was incredibly rude and went to their home to address the issue but they were not there and i didnt feel like pressing the issue further. We own two cars, the landlords own two and a work vehicle. The people upstairs also own a car. It is IMPOSSIBLE for us to only park in front of our home and we will always be in front of someones home.they have a two car garage, it was really just uncalled for IMO...

Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,984,822 times
I wish my neighbors' car parking is all I had to get worked up about. Growing up my house had a steep driveway that was only big enough for two cars. I parked mine in the street most of the time. If I was coming home from the west then I parked in front of my neighbors house. If I was coming from the east I parked in front of our house. I know my grumpy old neighbor got ticked off about it but I wasn't going to do a u-turn on a narrow residential street with blind curves just to satisfy a territorial and anti-social curmudgeon.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:00 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
I notice that for recycling the can is supposed to be in the street with 5 feet on either side of it. What happens if someone parks in front of my house too close?

Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I notice that for recycling the can is supposed to be in the street with 5 feet on either side of it. What happens if someone parks in front of my house too close?
In Jersey City they'd get an "oops" ding on their hood.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 AM

625 posts, read 3,636,011 times
Consider yourself lucky that you have neighbors who only park in front of your house. My neighbors across the street live in a one family home but yet there are about 10 families in there. They insists on parking in front of my house and proceed to dump any cans or cups that they have lying around in their car. They insists its not them doing it but why is it that there was no litter on this block until they moved here? The icing on the cake is one of my other neighbors found two of them having sex in a car one night.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:49 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
Consider yourself lucky that you have neighbors who only park in front of your house. My neighbors across the street live in a one family home but yet there are about 10 families in there. They insists on parking in front of my house and proceed to dump any cans or cups that they have lying around in their car. They insists its not them doing it but why is it that there was no litter on this block until they moved here? The icing on the cake is one of my other neighbors found two of them having sex in a car one night.
I'd put on some gloves and put the cups/cans/whatever under their windshield wiper, and then insist it wasn't me doing it.

Littering pisses me off. I'm the guy who yells over when I see someone empty a whole bag of trash or a box of chicken on the sidewalk to say, "Hey you dropped something," or "Do you think this is your house?" I say the same to people who leave their dogs' shiiiite on the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey