Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
It would probably have the same effect as when Sears merged with Kmart... Kmart brought down Sear's image. Andover Twp. has some very wealthy areas and I think they would frown on a merger. Would be like Sparta merging with Ogdensburg

Rumor has it that w/ the train comes the minorities, watch those wealthy areas take a hit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:54 AM

792 posts, read 3,137,768 times
With high gas prices (here to stay) and the concept of "walkability" being pushed I believe that the follow places will heat up high very soon: Rutherford, Wood-Ridge, Garfield, and Maywood as well. Bayonne and Englewood should also be on the radar as well.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
With high gas prices (here to stay) and the concept of "walkability" being pushed I believe that the follow places will heat up high very soon: Rutherford, Wood-Ridge, Garfield, and Maywood as well. Bayonne and Englewood should also be on the radar as well.
I here Harrison is the next hot spot. Homes are cheap and it's so close to NYC.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Rumor has it that w/ the train comes the minorities, watch those wealthy areas take a hit!
I don't think so..I think the illegals would migrate toward Newton...they like small towns and cheap rentals that are often offered over the store fronts.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
I don't think so..I think the illegals would migrate toward Newton...they like small towns and cheap rentals that are often offered over the store fronts.
Great! that way I'll convert my home to a multiple families home and rent out the basement & attic as well! Woohoo! I can see the winfall already. That way I'll buy in Fartshenanigans and start the Hispanic Invasion.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Great! that way I'll convert my home to a multiple families home and rent out the basement & attic as well! Woohoo! I can see the winfall already. That way I'll buy in Fartshenanigans and start the Hispanic Invasion.
LOL..you're more than welcome in Farfromnuggen..we need more good hispanic landscapers

Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 AM

392 posts, read 1,539,416 times
assuming you want all of NJ... Woolwich is the 2nd fastest growing on the east coast but that is far South Jersey. see http://www.woolwichtwp.org/page.asp?prmName=general

Last edited by NJ987654; 08-20-2008 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
maybe I am wrong but I dont think Warren County will be the next hot spot. I see Somerset County becoming the NEXT HOT SPOT!! There is no doubt in my mind, I think Warren like Sussex does not have enough conviences and high end thing to draw people with money. Sorry, I see Somerset drawing the money in. I think more SOuthern Somerset County will become very desirable. People like convience, they dont want to drive far, they want high end and not just a few , alot of choices. I think you can take a town like Fair Lawn or Saddle Brook , Lodi and maybe Little Ferry and watch them become more and more upscale so in one sense the town may be booming but I think the businesses will change. I think those town will see a wave in more electic and high end things. Where as Somerset County as a whole I think will definately change!! Thats then next , now saying well some of Somerset has already boomed , well you aint see nothing YET!! This is the place to be! Warren and Sussex have too many negitives for them to boom not geared towards high end things which drives the rich to buy big fancy homes. Sorry not trying to hurt anyones feelings, now these counties may boom with more people but they will be the people who cant afford Bergen, Hudson, and Morris, and SOmerset thus not a real boom a downscale of the people who could not afford it. Not the real boom, does anyone get what I am saying. Its like my area it will never boom, I will have people move here but boom, no way . WHere I live its too much out of the loop. ITs nice but out of the action. People from Bergen, Hudson , NYC area want action and convience. They dont want to drive 30 miles to a shopping mall or a good suit, dress store. They dont want only an A & P, they want Kings, speciality shops, Shop rite they want choice which has not really happened in Warren or Sussex. I honestly dont see any boom here at all. I dont think it will happen soon. Plus add the highlands act in my area, Im in a completly in a non boom enviroment. Go where the rich are then you will see BOOM!! They spend money, they buy new cars, pay sales tax, which all draw business which make towns boom. Has any of Warren or Sussex any town boomed with business? Maybe people who could not afford the boom areas anymore, or got too crowded for them but I dont know anytown that has created new businesses in Sussex or Warren. They have changed names some stores but nothing really new. I mean Franklin for example has built alot of things Walmart, I dont consider that booming.

Last edited by stevemorse; 08-20-2008 at 11:38 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 11:02 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
I here Harrison is the next hot spot. Homes are cheap and it's so close to NYC.
yes that may just be!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
yes that may just be!!!
Plus it's loaded with "cops"..can't get much safer a neighborhood near NYC than HArrison!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey