Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,466 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about relocating to be near the new Thunderbolt raceway in Millville. I want to be out of noise range about ten miles or so but close enough to drive for work and fun. (yes I am one of those who enjoy high speed fun)

Schools are not important bur nearby shopping for my Ms. is important.

Thanks,

E

FYI Thunderbolt Raceway - New Jersey Motorsports Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM

8 posts, read 35,073 times
Hi e,

Malaga, Franklinville, and Newfield are cute little towns. There is a lot of building going on in Franklinville and the taxes are getting high. If you are going to buy in this area I would start looking soon, I expect the race track will make property values jump. Good luck, and if you have other questions about this area please feel free to ask or email me through my profile. Have a great day.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Franklinville area is not a bad idea. One of my favorite garden centers, Triple Oaks, is there and they have a nice historic inn/restaurant. You'd be near places where you'd like to shop or visit, but not right in the middle of a perpetual traffic jam.

Glasstown Arts District, Millville is a really nice place to visit, though I wouldn't live in town. The Cumberland Mall is just north of town.

Nearby Elmer is home to the Appel Farm Arts and Music Center.

Williamstown is growing in leaps and bounds and there are two new shopping centers over by Cross Keys.

Mullica Hill is known for its antiques and quaint shops and has a few nice restaurants as well.

NJ's only drive-in movie is on Delsea Drive in Vineland; can't beat that.

Everywhere is a day trip from there. Philadelphia is just 30 miles away, Wilmington 38, Ocean City 45, Longwood Gardens 45.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:31 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,466 times
Thanks for the responses, I will checkout those areas on my next trip.
E

Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM

3 posts, read 13,849 times
I live in Millville. I have my whole life, and though center city may be considered "the ghetto." It's really a nice little town. Theres plenty of housing on the outskirts now, and the more they build up, the more there is. It's nice. Seriously. It's not the trash neighborhood everyone makes it up to be. My family has lived here for years... and we've never had any real problems.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 6,205 times
I've lived about 10 miles out of Millville for 18 years and almost all of my friends were from millville or vineland. A lot of people make it out to be horrible but in reality on a few places are bad. My grandmother lives on 4th street in Vineland she's lived there for 50+ years, its not that big of a **** hole. Not to sound racist but as more and more mexicans move in her area has become a little less then desirable. Millville just like Vineland and any other city has its problems but its no Camden. The schools aren't that great at all but the out skirts are beautiful you just have to know where to look.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:48 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I heard on the news recently that the raceway is in trouble. I wouldn't move JUST to be near it in case it's not there in a few years, make sure you really like the area, too.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,351,327 times
Yeah, they just declared bankruptcy from what i heard. Not sure what that will mean for their future.

There are many areas on the outskirts of Millville and Vineland that are nice. I personally wouldnt want to live in the "town" area of either one.

My sister has lived in Vineland for years and years, and she'd rather not. Nothing that horrible about it, but nothing great either. Just seems to be more crime in all the 'town areas' anymore.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon View Post
Thanks for the responses, I will checkout those areas on my next trip.
E
click here for travel data check the box next to south jersey NJT bus rtes Google Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey