Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 02:39 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
but if there is a flaw in the justice system where a dog's owner isnt charged with murder for the actions of his dog; does that pose a problem when it comes to dogs capable of killing?
All dogs are capable of killing. And all dog owners should be responsible for their dogs. But innocent people shouldn't be prevented from owning innocent dogs because of the actions of some jackass who mistreated/misused his dogs.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
All dogs are capable of killing. And all dog owners should be responsible for their dogs. But innocent people shouldn't be prevented from owning innocent dogs because of the actions of some jackass who mistreated/misused his dogs.
im not sure its reasonable to suggest my mom's yorkie can kill. yeah, maybe a baby but thats not really worth bringing into the discussion.

a dog is just an animal. i wouldnt want to kill an "innocent" one that would have an owner that would love him/her, but i also dont really care if a particular breed exists or not. i have more of an issue with breeds that have inherrent medical issues like bulldogs. why breed an unhealthy animal? i dont really know enough about the violence of pit bulls to take a strong position banning them. but if they did, i cant imagine caring (as long as they dont kill innocent ones that are alive).

Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

i have more of an issue with breeds that have inherrent medical issues like bulldogs. why breed an unhealthy animal?

Look at Captain with a very intelligent, correct statement! And they said it couldn't be done...

English Bulldogs cannot breed naturally and must be artificially inseminated and the females cannot have natural births, they are all C-sectioned. If that doesn't scream Darwin I don't know what does. There's a saying in veterinary medicine that bulldogs are the best job security we can ask for. It's actually sad - they are usually great, friendly, loving animals but have WAY too many problems and are probably quite uncomfortable most of their lives.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post
Look at Captain with a very intelligent, correct statement! And they said it couldn't be done...

English Bulldogs cannot breed naturally and must be artificially inseminated and the females cannot have natural births, they are all C-sectioned. If that doesn't scream Darwin I don't know what does. There's a saying in veterinary medicine that bulldogs are the best job security we can ask for. It's actually sad - they are usually great, friendly, loving animals but have WAY too many problems and are probably quite uncomfortable most of their lives.
wow, really! i had no idea - my neighbor has 2, i guess they MUST know this, right?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,683,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
wow, really! i had no idea - my neighbor has 2, i guess they MUST know this, right?
Probably not unfortunately

Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post

I read that too. They also suck in so much air through that squashed face that they're always farting. They look cool but have too many health problems for me to want as a pet.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,982,514 times
Wow...from a horrible tragedy to gun control to canine artificial insemination all in 20 pages... Can't make this stuff up

Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM

pugs are also garbage. im not sure how they became popular but they are physically inferior animals. breeding them should be banned also.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
The charge for the parents should be manslaughter.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
The charge for the parents should be manslaughter.
hey, dont try to move this thread back on topic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey