Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,220,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Gun nutz are so defensive nowadays that they have to resort to 20 year old quotes. Sad.
Feinstein's still around, and that leopard hasn't changed her spots.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:30 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
A gun is a pretty simple thing. All mechanical, the power is provided by a very stable chemical source initiated by a slightly less stable one. No batteries to run down, no electronics to fail when you need them most. Adding a fingerprint sensor ruins all that. Now you have batteries, now you have electronics and electromechanical parts, now you have a sensor which is not reliable under the best of circumstances. Also now your gun won't fire if you're wearing gloves. This is a real pain in any gun, but it can be fatal in a gun intended for self defense.
I don't think so. Who wears gloves in the house?
Are you saying the guns do not fire reliably? I've not heard that before.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
"That's how set in our "guns are always OK everywhere" attitude the NRA has ingrained in half the population."

The NRA is late to the 'ingrained guns' promotion.

Look up DCM... agovernment agency charged with redistributing firearms and promoting marksmanship among the citizens. The DCM mision is somewhat changed from the 60s and 70s. Camp Perry.....

The Boy scout manual circa 1960 has approx 11 ads promoting the use of firearms for 14 yr old scouts..... they even had to carry little cub scout and boy scout knives.

Toy guns were all the rage and kids 'shot' each other in play daily. Cowboy and post war movies featured gun carrying heroes who only shot bad guys. Who didn't want to play with guns?

NJ allows juvenile hunters less than 14 to hunt when accompanyied by a licensed adult.

NRA???????

The NRA has training and firearm safety programs for the police, military and civilians. Heaven forbid a firearm safety program would be included among all the social justice nonsense distributed through the edu social justice propaganda portals formerly called schools.

The 'other side' can and does think for itself and does not await sanctioned talking points from its 'superiors'.

That exactly distinguished the US servicemen from the heirarchical class controlled foreign enemey armies. American soliders were ingrained to improvise with direct supervision. To project submissive dem/lib minion behavior on gun advocates by the NRA is pure fantasy.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:01 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Gun fetishism is as weird to me as someone who would be in love with bombs or landmines. Juvenile idiocy

Old 04-13-2013, 10:03 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,870,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Nice try, but this was regarding assault weapons, she said nothing about wanting all guns banned for anyone except government agents. You also had to go back 18 years to find even this supposed example of how "too many leaders of the gun control movement want all guns banned". Here's the quote in context, which it seems you purposely left out:

Discussing why the 1994 act only prohibited the manufacture or import of assault weapons, instead of the possession and sale of them, Feinstein said on CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."[26]
What is an assault weapon?
What is an automatic weapon?
What is a semi-automatic weapon?
What is a double action?
What is a single action?
If you cannot answer those questions correctly you are totally ignorant about firearms. Most of the so called "assault" weapons the gun control crowd want banned have absolutely nothing to do with military use other than looking mean & nasty.

If you are going to ban something you should at least know what you are doing.

GL2

Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,870,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't think so. Who wears gloves in the house?
Are you saying the guns do not fire reliably? I've not heard that before.
Question goldengrain: If you absolutely have to depend on a gun to protect your life and your loved ones lives, what kind of failure rate would be acceptable to you? Ten percent? 1%?

And yes guns are not 100% reliable. I shoot thousands of rounds annually in various firearms that I own and at times and for various reasons I have had misfires. A clean and properly maintained weapon loaded with defective ammunition may misfire.

The fingerprint gun is a great idea but it will never be adopted by Police because a COP is never going to trust something as complex as the electronic circuitry this gun uses.

I paid over $1,200.00 for the last handgun I bought. The fingerprint technology would add at least $200 to the price of a handgun. A citizen that only wants a gun for protection may not have the resources or be willing to pay the extra $200 this technology adds to the price of a gun.

Four year olds can be taught NOT to do things. They can be taught NOT to touch firearms. Do most four year olds know that they should not touch a hot stove burner? Did you have to put their hand on a burner to teach them this? Call Child Protective Services if you did. Any kid can be taught to NOT touch a gun unless a responsible adult is present. Many have not been taught this because their parents are total morons. The N.R.A. has saved more lives with their gun safety programs that all of the do good M****r F*****s in the entire gun control crowd.

GL

Old 04-13-2013, 11:27 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,078,794 times
Slap high taxes on handguns like cigarettes to make them cost prohibitive. We have far too many guns in circulation as it is.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
What is an assault weapon?
What is an automatic weapon?
What is a semi-automatic weapon?
What is a double action?
What is a single action?
If you cannot answer those questions correctly you are totally ignorant about firearms. Most of the so called "assault" weapons the gun control crowd want banned have absolutely nothing to do with military use other than looking mean & nasty.

If you are going to ban something you should at least know what you are doing.

GL2
I don't know anything about guns, and I certainly don't consider myself part of the "gun control crowd" whatever that means. I'm just a regular person with common sense who doesn't get why guns should somehow be exempt from any form of regulation. Why do you continuously push this "banning" when all my posts have stated just the opposite? I'm still waiting to see you back up your statement that all these people who are for gun regulation want all guns banned except in the hands of the government.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Slap high taxes on handguns like cigarettes to make them cost prohibitive. We have far too many guns in circulation as it is.
The same thing could be said about automobiles also. You know and understand the use of a car, you just have no knowledge of the use and intent of owning firearms.

Why not ban the use of automobiles ? Are there any cases of a 4 or 8 YO's causing the death of of a child by auto ? I suspect it would be very common and they kill way more kids than guns.

“Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children from 2 to 14 years old".

Quote:
In the United States, an average of 6 children 0-14 years old were killed and 694 were injured every day in motor vehicle crashes during 2003.
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/809762.pdf

Old 04-13-2013, 01:32 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,220,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm just a regular person with common sense who doesn't get why guns should somehow be exempt from any form of regulation.
They aren't, so what's the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey