Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:00 AM

88,619 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime2013 View Post
Now that I have a couple days experience with this board I realized I didn't submit the standard info:

*Read this list so you are aware of what should be included if you are moving from out of area and coming to New Jersey.

Where are you coming from? Brooklyn
Why are you moving? Better living and schooling environment for the kid(s) (Working on this )
Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? Midtown NYC for me. Wife will most likely find a job near new home. (Healthcare)

Will you buy or rent? Buy
What is your budget ? Up to $800K
What kind of place are you looking for ? Well maintained or renovated Center Hall colonial or Contemporary.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Just us 2
Do you need/want good public schools? Yes, yes. Need and want

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)

All the examples above. Close-knit is not that important. Just want some nice neighbors

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc)

Schools
Walkable to the train
Outdoor activities (parks, festivals, etc)
Downtown area (restaurants, shopping, cafes, wine bars)

Hope that clarifies. Thanks.
Red Bank or somewhere close to it might fit some of your desires, but the commute would be longer. RB has the downtown area and the outdoor activities, though. Tradeoff is a long commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey