Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,789 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be going to NYC for the weekend in a couple weeks. I live in York, PA and want to drive into NJ and take a train from there. Where is a good place I can park my car overnight in NJ and take the train into Penn station or is it easier to drive into the city? Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,188,948 times
Multiple options based on which route you take. If you go via Trenton, you can park on any of the Northeast Corridor line stations (Princeton, Jersey Ave, New Brunswick, Metro Park, etc) or if you drive along 78, you can park on Raritan Valley line stations (Bridgewater/Raritan, Plainfield, Scotch Plains, etc).

Or you can drive all the way to Jersey City and park there and take the Path to 33rd street.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:48 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Best bets might be Metropark (right off the Garden St Parkway) or Secaucus (right off the Turnpike). Go to njtransit.com for parking info at each station and train schedules.

I'd avoid driving to Jersey City to get to a PATH station on a weekend for awhile due to every road in/out of here being under construction at the same time. Huge delays and you could get trapped here.

The Raritan Valley Line train stations are right off 78 but that rail line doesn't go all the way to NYC. you'll have to transfer to a different train at Newark. If you want to park at a station along that line, again check njtransit.com for parking info. At some stations the parking is owned by NJ transit, some lots are owned by the towns, some are owned by private companies. Rules about multi-day parking may vary.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:07 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrigen View Post
I'm going to be going to NYC for the weekend in a couple weeks. I live in York, PA and want to drive into NJ and take a train from there. Where is a good place I can park my car overnight in NJ and take the train into Penn station or is it easier to drive into the city? Thanks all!
Depending on the number of people, it may make more sense to pay for parking in NYC.
The adult fare roundtrip from Metropark into NYC is $20. Parking is $5/day.

NYC Parking Search Engine | Coupons & Discounts | BestParking.com

Old 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM

385 posts, read 1,175,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrigen View Post
from york, drive down 30 to the pa turnpike, to the nj turnpike north, to exit 11, take gs parkway north to exit 131b and park at metropark station. park in garage overnight, though you must pay. nj transit train is 10 each way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey