Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:42 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

i just googled it and there were 3 grocery stores on the first page that carry it (or they did carry it at some point in at least one of their locations somewhere). they were shoprite, key foods and wegmans.

its impressive that now both my local a & p and pathmark are closing. neither were that great but there definitely seems to be a consolidation going on and less options doesnt thrill me. that shoprite is a killer in the traditional grocery store segment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:54 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

its impressive that now both my local a & p and pathmark are closing. neither were that great but there definitely seems to be a consolidation going on and less options doesnt thrill me. that shoprite is a killer in the traditional grocery store segment.
I used to live in CT and all the A&P stores up there started closing back in the 80's. I don't know how they lasted this long in NJ. Both A&P and Pathmark were always way overpriced, too small, and old/dirty. I hate going to Shop Rite because the stores are always packed, but the prices are great so it's worthwhile. Stop and Shop is ok but the prices are generally higher than Shop Rite.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:26 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Acme is overpriced. There's still an Acme?

Old 11-14-2015, 06:01 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Acme is overpriced. There's still an Acme?

After dwindling to just a few locations in NJ, Acme is now on the rise again.
Acme has purchased several of the failed A&P/Pathmark locations, and is expanding its presence in NJ.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:56 PM

51 posts, read 39,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
Within the past week I have been to Shop Rite, Stop & Shop, and Kings. Nobody has the sauce.
It is absolutely, positively available @ Shop-Rite. I know because that's where I buy it. You're most likely looking in the wrong place.

It's one of the few (if not only) steak sauces that's in the refrigerated section;
in those large displays that are lodged right in the middle of the aisles where the steaks and other meats are located.

Old 11-14-2015, 01:14 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
It is absolutely, positively available @ Shop-Rite. I know because that's where I buy it. You're most likely looking in the wrong place.

It's one of the few (if not only) steak sauces that's in the refrigerated section;
in those large displays that are lodged right in the middle of the aisles where the steaks and other meats are located.

Maybe yes, maybe no...
Shop-Rite supermarkets are owned and managed by...an incredible number... of different operating companies that participate in Wakefern Corp's buying cooperative, and who are thus entitled to display the Shop-Rite logo. Wakefern has a huge assortment of goods that the individual store operating companies can order, but are not obligated to order.

As a result, you will find that there are items that may be available at some Shop-Rite markets, but not available at others. For instance, I have noticed that some items sold at Saker Shop-Rites are not available at Village Supermarket Shop-Rites, and vice-versa.

Here is a list of the myriad of operating companies that own one or more Shop-Rite markets:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...dit&section=13

Old 11-14-2015, 02:27 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:

Really ? I have to remember that, I was looking where regular Steak Souses are sold.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:47 PM

990 posts, read 2,557,930 times
I get mine at Wegman's.....

Usually in Woodbridge, but I have seen it in the others.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:24 PM

51 posts, read 39,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Really ? I have to remember that, I was looking where regular Steak Souses are sold.
Really.
If I recall correctly its just under $4 for the 12.6 oz. ...which reminds me, I'm running low on it.

I'll bet that the OP didn't look in the right spot, either.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:00 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,148,203 times
Quote:

Thanks! You're right, I was looking in the regular aisle with A1 and all the other sauces. I had to ask the guy in the meat section. At the West Orange Shop Rite they have the bottles mixed right in with the meat. I never would have found it if the guy didn't show me. It was $4.49 for the 12.6oz size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey