Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,823,253 times

Advertisements

I literally work in the across the street from the building.

It's a shabby area, but not all that dangerous. I walk around that area night & day and take the PATH back & forth. It's a thriving, but poor area, McGinely square. The little shops and restaurants in the area do not meet the type of standards people living in The Beacon have. You'd think with The Beacon and The St Peters college, the area would shape up... But NYC is the excuse to leave it alone.

The people living there definitely don't "hang out" in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,963,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Not one period used in that 4 line post. We all know JC has poor schools!
Ohh Todd...................... The same song from you over & over & over again.
You're glad to be out of JC, yet comment on it, read posts about it every chance you get. Quite curious.
Jersey City seems like the ex girlfriend you never really got over.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Beacon Photos of neighborhood are all from downtown. None from immediate area. Must tell you something...Good catch. Here is link:
Jersey City Condos and Lofts

Old 12-08-2010, 09:07 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,631,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Beacon Photos of neighborhood are all from downtown. None from immediate area. Must tell you something...Good catch. Here is link:
Jersey City Condos and Lofts
I checked this link supplied by the Beacon about the area. When u check the drop down link of the NEIGHBORHOOD it is photos from 2 miles or more away from the buildings. No photos of the dirty diner and the chicken joint across the street. How deceptive and misleading by the sellers of the Beacon. They want u to believe that they are downtown on the waterfront. Thats like someone selling real estate in Bed Stuy area of New York and showing u photos of Trump Plaza. That's my beef with the Beacon. We all agree the buildings are nice. But the company tries to pull a fast one on people by insinuating it's a great area. It's the PITS.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,565 times
I previewed the building this week, and it's a beautiful complex. The amenities are outstanding and you have the option of taking a shuttle bus from either Exchange or Grove St stop or a short ten minute walk from Journal Sq. I took the shuttle and decided to walk to Journal Sq to get a feel for the neighborhood. I highly recommend the complex to anyone that's interesting in purchasing, they can feel free to contact me at [email]tlara@crrnyc.com[/email]. The Beacon provides shuttle service from the early morning to midnight. The concierge has the schedule for the buses. Best of luck and I look forward to hearing from you.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
or a short ten minute walk
which can turn into a 5 minute run if you are being chased by someone.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
which can turn into a 5 minute run to the hospital if you are being chased by someone.

There ya go. I changed it for you.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,804 times
The projects are way too close to Whitey now that Downtown has been developed, so it's time for our people to be moved. Where? No one cares. Whitey's taken back J.C. kickin it further to greenville boys.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM

21 posts, read 39,332 times
we were there recently, and the hallways smelled strange --- one apt had a lingering smell of medicine --- i guess that stuff is very hard to get out of the walls???

Old 02-18-2011, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,803 times
Yea, it seems to me the Beacon is beautiful . And all these haters are people that simply could never afford to live there anyway. People turn envy into hate very quickly....
The people with negative are ones that don't live there, or grew up there a long time ago. The ones with positive are the ones that ACTUALLY live there. I looked at the Beacon myself, and am considering a condo there, although the area definitely concerns me as well. The car that comes every ten minutes though, and all the on site amenities do help the surrounding area. And it is for sure a great investment, because one day Jersey City will be just like Hoboken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey