Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM

111 posts, read 319,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Montgomery Gardens will be torn down in about 2 years. It is a federally funded project so the economy should not affect the time table for demolition and rebuilding.
Isn't that what was said about Duncan projects? It has been almost 10 years and their were 3 buildings left with families still in them when they did an article in the paper on it a month ago. It was only about a dozen or less families that actually lived there but it was still packed with drug dealers, addicts and gang members that took over the vacant apartments. I wouldn't believe the city when they say two years. That is just the date they hope they will begin. All the Montgomery residents that dont want to leave have to do is say they cant find an apartment and keep stalling. They can't begin until every one moves out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 12:36 PM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,388 times
Default More news from the uninformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCity201 View Post
Isn't that what was said about Duncan projects? It has been almost 10 years and their were 3 buildings left with families still in them when they did an article in the paper on it a month ago. It was only about a dozen or less families that actually lived there but it was still packed with drug dealers, addicts and gang members that took over the vacant apartments. I wouldn't believe the city when they say two years. That is just the date they hope they will begin. All the Montgomery residents that dont want to leave have to do is say they cant find an apartment and keep stalling. They can't begin until every one moves out.
This reminds me of what Mark Twain said about his observation that it's not what people know, it's what people know that isn't so. Generally it would be a good idea before you shoot off a message if you do a little research so you actually know what you are talking about. Since we now have the internet, it's not like it takes a lot of effort to be informed. The City is saying they will do demo at Montgomery Gardens in two years because it will take that long to relocate people, but they will be relocated. No new leases are being signed. When their lease is up, it's time to go. Residents are being offered moving allowances, relocation expense allowance and assistance in getting into and applying for housing alternatives (all paid by you taxpayers). Some of these alternatives are temporary because they will be offered the chance to move back into the new townhouses. Not only have the Feds done this before, but the local Housing Authority has done this process before in Jersey City, so I think they know what they are doing, at least in this instance.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:08 PM

80 posts, read 219,519 times
I don't know why people get in such a twist over the Beacon. They weren't happy when it was the JCMC and now they aren't happy that its been remade into expensive condos! Now they are complaining when the projects are scheduled to be torn down. If you aren't living in the area, calm down. Go have a cup of tea or something. And, btw, it looks like the Duncan Ave rebuild is coming along pretty nicely. : )

Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,830 times
FYI: I lived at the Beacon for 1 year. During that time I had tons of problems, but the #1 issue I came here to post about today was damage to my brand new car. They will not let you self-park, and they caused over $2000 of damage + a stolen GPS. I filed multiple damage claims and every one was denied by their "loss prevention" department. If you care about your vehicle, do not live at The Beacon.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Beacon View Post
FYI: I lived at the Beacon for 1 year. During that time I had tons of problems, but the #1 issue I came here to post about today was damage to my brand new car. They will not let you self-park, and they caused over $2000 of damage + a stolen GPS. I filed multiple damage claims and every one was denied by their "loss prevention" department. If you care about your vehicle, do not live at The Beacon.

Did you notify your car insurance carrier? Since your car was new, you probably had comprehensive coverage, some cover vandalism and theft. There is also small claims court if you get no satisfaction.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:49 PM

16 posts, read 112,733 times
Default Seriously?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigweignster View Post
Yes that place used to be a hospital not very long ago, if you move there you can enlighten your guests by telling them how many people died in your living room, or how the painters had to put 10 coats of white to disguise the blood stains on the walls, give me a break, would want to live there? you have to be a wack job to come from london to live there.
That is totally ridiculous. I had one week to find a place to live and the Beacon ticked all the boxes. I still live here 15 months later and while I don't exactly love it, it still ticks the boxes. It has certainly had it's issues, too many to list, but most buildings do. It is truly like a compound here. I never ever walk around outside the building grounds, period. I run the red light on Montgomery by the projects and I would certainly never buy here. We don't plan to live in the area (i.e. NYC metro) long term. It's not for us. I can't wait to leave. But price wise (for rent) the Beacon is the best bang for the buck in the area and I will keep living here until we move out of Jersey altogether.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncampbell View Post
That is totally ridiculous. I had one week to find a place to live and the Beacon ticked all the boxes. I still live here 15 months later and while I don't exactly love it, it still ticks the boxes. It has certainly had it's issues, too many to list, but most buildings do. It is truly like a compound here. I never ever walk around outside the building grounds, period. I run the red light on Montgomery by the projects and I would certainly never buy here. We don't plan to live in the area (i.e. NYC metro) long term. It's not for us. I can't wait to leave. But price wise (for rent) the Beacon is the best bang for the buck in the area and I will keep living here until we move out of Jersey altogether.
That fellow is absurd. But Dawn, please don't run red lights, you may injure yourself or another person!

Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 AM

835 posts, read 1,180,902 times
Jersey City shootout leaves four cops wounded - NJ.com

Jersey City shootout leaves four cops wounded

Bergen Avenue and Reed Street,jersey city,nj - Google Maps

This is right behind beacon,, oh my :X

Thank goodness I live in Newark

Old 07-16-2009, 07:50 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post

This is right behind beacon,, oh my :X

Thank goodness I live in Newark
The naysayers should be along shortly to say "that's not right behind The Beacon- it's six blocks away! It's not like the shooting took place in the lobby of the building or anything.....

lol

Old 07-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
The naysayers should be along shortly to say "that's not right behind The Beacon- it's six blocks away! It's not like the shooting took place in the lobby of the building or anything.....

lol
Unless you consider something thats 6 blocks away to be your next door neighbor..... Then I guess we can say Newark is right behind Jersey City, look out now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey