Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,445 times

Advertisements

The airplane noise is a constant drone, mainly from flights to Newark. The Teterboro noise is going to be worse if you are on the hillside leading to Route 17. Speaking of which, there is also a constant drone of noise from Route 80. We moved away from Heights a few years ago; our new town is much quieter outside -- but I agree with the comments that, if you live in Heights, you get used to the airplane and highway noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 PM

128 posts, read 192,994 times
It is sort of noisy, but when we lived there (2011-2013) we got used to it.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,778 times
Hi,
I know I am replying on an old thread. But I wanted to know if Little Ferry is in the flight path of Teterboro airport. We are planning to rent on main st in Little Ferry and I am wondering if we should be worried about the aircraft noise.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2016, 01:57 PM

79 posts, read 72,315 times
if you think about it, you can't move anywhere near any airport then and not just a couple miles. Air traffic goes on for miles and miles so you're out of luck. I work in hasbrouck heights and have not heard one plane. This could very well be that because I was born and raised in a metro area that i've become immune to it. Were you raised near an airport or an area with a high noise pollution level?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:01 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,114 times
I used to live in South Bergen. The plane noise would wake me up nightly. Why people fly single engine planes at 3 am is beyond me. Sounds worse than a 1995 Honda Civic with no muffler. Anyway, my pool liner and house siding would always have a greasy residue on it. Another person I know had the same experience and said the greasy residue was from the planes.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:03 PM

4,180 posts, read 5,059,059 times
the amount of noise varies a little, depending on the time of day, day of week, and wind direction.

I too am interested in the Has. Hts. / Wood-Ridge vicinity, but besides the noise, just seeing the planes fly that low is unsettling if you're not accustomed to it.

and it's only going to get worse -- Teterboro Airport is being used more & more by business executives & the wealthy, who want to avoid the hassle of going into LaGuardia or Kennedy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey