Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 09:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,735,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Very often when many individuals are upset about something they say things that most people would not ordinarily say. I myself believe all speech is protected, as long as it is only speech. I don't much believe in labeling anyone a racist at most points, that becomes a racist thing then. Hoping for better times,,,
i agree. when people are angry and want to upset someone else, they say things that they believe will upset them. so often racist things are said even though the person may not really be a racist. so i wouldnt shame someone unless there are repeated abuse (especially against children) and the person hasnt been reasonable with normal conversation attempts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:25 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,874,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Bring your son and his chalk to my house. Let's see how creative he can get on my driveway!
I was going to suggest the same thing. Feel free to use my sidewalk as well, my 8 year old can bring chalk and they can share.

Sorry to hear that your neighbor is a jackass. I wish I had better advice than "as long as you're on the sidewalk it's public property, keep that camera running and they'll eventually say something you can legally charge them with but I hope it doesn't come to that."

Some people see the street outside their house as "their" parking spot too. This is a similar thing and they're wrong.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 AM

181 posts, read 378,898 times
Public sidewalk and it's just chalk. Sidewalk chalk wouldn't be sold if it couldn't be used on sidewalks. Your neighbor needs to take a chill pill. Don't let his talk intimidate you. Keep recording him. If he says that it's illegal, let him know that you are on a public sidewalk, and in public spaces there is no right to privacy. If he wants to bring up that he knows people, tell him that you would love to meet them. Don't lose your cool or feed into him. Someone like that wants you to get agitated. The best thing to do is to be a smart ass, but be a cordial one with a smile.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
I was going to suggest the same thing. Feel free to use my sidewalk as well, my 8 year old can bring chalk and they can share.
this reminded me of an email the management of my community sent out about chalk on sidewalks and driveways. i was annoyed by it. me and my daughter would use it and i dont see why it matters. it washes away in the rain. its the crabby old people that walk around looking for complaints that are the problem.

"Please note that sidewalk chalk or chalk of any kind is strictly prohibited in CaptainNJ Estates. Chalk cannot be used on any property in the community including but not limited to all surfaces and structures such as homes, driveways, mailbox posts, signs, clubhouse, roadways, paver sidewalks, recreation courts and playgrounds."

Old 06-12-2017, 10:38 AM

19,145 posts, read 25,364,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina78 View Post
If he wants to bring up that he knows people, tell him that you would love to meet them.
I have gone beyond that, with some jackasses who claim to "know" people in high places. On a few occasions, my response has been, "Can you give me their names and phone numbers, please? I have a few matters that I'd like to discuss with them."

Old 06-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this reminded me of an email the management of my community sent out about chalk on sidewalks and driveways. i was annoyed by it. me and my daughter would use it and i dont see why it matters. it washes away in the rain. its the crabby old people that walk around looking for complaints that are the problem.

"Please note that sidewalk chalk or chalk of any kind is strictly prohibited in CaptainNJ Estates. Chalk cannot be used on any property in the community including but not limited to all surfaces and structures such as homes, driveways, mailbox posts, signs, clubhouse, roadways, paver sidewalks, recreation courts and playgrounds."
This is exactly why I'll never sign a HOA. Take your rulers for lawns and notepads regarding flagpole length elsewhere. Living next to people who want to be the crabby old people will never be worth it to me.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
This is exactly why I'll never sign a HOA. Take your rulers for lawns and notepads regarding flagpole length elsewhere. Living next to people who want to be the crabby old people will never be worth it to me.
honestly, overall it was still a net win living there. it was a very easy living experience with very limited responsibilities that i had to handle outside of the home. but there was the occasional letter from the management company about some supposed violation (usually they werent even correct).

Old 06-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
honestly, overall it was still a net win living there. it was a very easy living experience with very limited responsibilities that i had to handle outside of the home. but there was the occasional letter from the management company about some supposed violation (usually they werent even correct).
Much like beet ice cream and raisins, some things are just not for me. Especially when there are no repercussions for false reports of violations.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Much like beet ice cream and raisins, some things are just not for me. Especially when there are no repercussions for false reports of violations.
i considered making there be repercussions but decided against it.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,268,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindabrown View Post
Hi we are Hindu originally from India, right now we are living in Bayonne, NJ.
My son 7 years was playing outside. and while playing he went to neighbors driveway+sidewalk
and started playing with chalk.
You recently moved, correct? From a rental in Bayonne to a place you bought in Bayonne?

Until you "know" your neighbors?

Keep your child on your property. You have a sidewalk in front of your house and driveway too, yes? Where your 7 year old could have gone to town with the chalk?

Quote:
after some time neighbor came and started shouting using abusive words.
he was bragging/shouting "my wife has big connections, she knows all big guys in town",
He made some racist comments also. He also tried to threaten us like you don't know the rules in this country, your religion allow kids to play kids in neighbors area like that.
It's not a cultural thing, it's a "My kid can do whatever he wants to and don't get upset...neighbor" thing.

Respect your neighbors - especially if you do not know them and how they would react to your kid being a kid.

Quote:
I know that my kid made a mistake , we offered them that we will clean it was just chalk mark on outside driveway floor, but seems like it was just an excuse for him to shout on us because we are Hindu/Indian.
You made the mistake, not your child.

Your neighbor is a jerk.

Quote:
So, my concern is if something like this happen again, if he or some body else makes racist comment on us...what we should do?
Ignore them.

Or move out of Bayonne to a more Hindu/Indian friendly town/city.

Quote:
Note: we have faced racism here before also, somebody had broken our living room big glass window by throwing a stone also.
In some other incident somebody sliced our car tire. we called the cops both time, cop asked do you suspect somebody we said no, after that I don't think police investigated anything. seems like cops are also not cooperating for minorities.
See the above.

What do you expect the police to do when you have nothing to offer them in the form of a lead?

Make it up?

Are all Hindu's in Bayonne going through the same issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: