Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:30 PM

5 posts, read 13,392 times

Advertisements

I would love some thoughts on this town.
from other threads I have read I gather the commute to Parsippany will be hellish, true?
I have seen a few affordable homes and so far the stats look okay for the schools.
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:28 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleak View Post
I would love some thoughts on this town.
from other threads I have read I gather the commute to Parsippany will be hellish, true?
I have seen a few affordable homes and so far the stats look okay for the schools.
thanks!
23 south in the morning can be hellish! There are a few backroads through Rockaway - Kinnelon, etc. which will help but it will still be a hike. Have you tried areas closer to Parsippany? Rockaway is nice and still somewhat affordable... what is your price range?

Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,766 times
Go to nj.com and check out the Sussex County forum. IMHO from some of the posters, Wantage sounds like a mess, no water in many areas, the schools are not the best and according to some falling down.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:08 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Go to nj.com and check out the Sussex County forum. IMHO from some of the posters, Wantage sounds like a mess, no water in many areas, the schools are not the best and according to some falling down.
Wantage go to High Point which is a great high school, get your facts straight! And no water in some areas? That isnt true, Wantage is nice yes you deal with a commute but most people find when they get home its well worth it.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:12 PM

259 posts, read 925,228 times
Wantage is farthest of the far. So far the sun does not shine. Two hours away and 100 years back in time. Hey, that rhymes!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
da da dink dink dink dink dink dink dink... anyone else hearing banjos? Deliverance comes to mind whenever I hear Wantage..Franklin...Vernon - it's a whole nother country out there in them woods! If you have summer teeth, you'll fit in fine! Definition = Some are here and some are there... : ) I know I'm getting a beat down from mary who works for 711 after this post : )

Old 04-28-2008, 06:15 PM

323 posts, read 2,090,033 times
Try to get a little closer to Parsippany if that's where you work.
Aside from what the others said about Wantage( I cannot comment as I don't know)
One thing I do know a 1.5 to 2 hr commute gets old really fast.

4hrs a day= 20week = 80 a month (Just on commuting) something to think about..

Good luck

Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 PM

9 posts, read 21,935 times
high point is a great school. and as far as middle schools go. wantage isnt fantastic but frankford, lafayette, and vernon are all good. if you pick an area near (within 15 minutes) of rt 206 n or s. you can hop on 206 to 15 to 80. which will make the commute not that bad.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPNARD1 View Post
Try to get a little closer to Parsippany if that's where you work.
Aside from what the others said about Wantage( I cannot comment as I don't know)
One thing I do know a 1.5 to 2 hr commute gets old really fast.

4hrs a day= 20week = 80 a month (Just on commuting) something to think about..

Good luck
An 1/2/to 2 hr commute cmon pleaseeeeeeeeeee. My husband went from Scranton to Fairfiled every day and it took that long. Be serious would ya? Wiley ha ha ha you must have been bunking with the Judge again

Old 04-29-2008, 06:34 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,650 times
Someday, when I'm all grown up and mature I hope to live in the woods, a place like the pacific northwest in either Washington or Oregon, I've always been more attracted to nature instead of the big cities. Wantage is as boondocks as it gets up here, Vernon as well, but even I must draw the line as to how long my commute must be, and frankly, wantage is way up there. I would venture a bit further southwest from wantage to the likes of Frelinghuysen (aka farhfenugen) and Hackettstown or :::ehem::: even Newton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey