Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 11:50 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
That would be good news since we have to get it every year. That's how the polio vaccine is administered. Not sure why they're all not done that way.
It said in one of those articles that the injectable version is easier to create and produce. I don't know why, though, since I'm not a chemist.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:33 PM

332 posts, read 174,092 times
why is the injectable an issue. it is simple.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:40 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It said in one of those articles that the injectable version is easier to create and produce. I don't know why, though, since I'm not a chemist.
Hmm. I was talking to my son about this and he said when he was in the Marine Corps they used the intranasal method for flu vaccines, but not everything.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:41 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytodd View Post
why is the injectable an issue. it is simple.
While I agree with you, let's not forget that some folks are needle-phobic. I had a boss (now deceased) who refused to be injected with anything. Hmmm... Perhaps that is why he died by his late 50s.

But, I digress. If we think back to the original Salk polio vaccine, it was an injectable. It was followed ~5 years later by the Sabin oral polio vaccine. I guess that--when possible--vaccines that started out as injectables can morph into a more widely-accepted oral vaccine, albeit by a different biological process.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:43 PM

332 posts, read 174,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
While I agree with you, let's not forget that some folks are needle-phobic. I had a boss (now deceased) who refused to be injected with anything. Hmmm... Perhaps that is why he died by his late 50s.

But, I digress. If we think back to the original Salk polio vaccine, it was an injectable. It was followed ~5 years later by the Sabin oral polio vaccine. I guess that--when possible--vaccines that started out as injectables can morph into a more widely-accepted oral vaccine, albeit by a different biological process.
you can't please everyone. I also hate getting blood drawn by needle but what can you do? that is the process.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:47 PM

Anyway, to return to the original theme of this thread, I got my second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine today at the Edison Mega-site. Between 2/23--when I got my first dose at that location--and today, the process has been improved to a great extent by the addition of more personnel.

I estimate that there are now about 1/3 more registration stations and a similar increase in vaccination stations. My first visit lasted just under 2 hours, and today I was out the door (after the mandatory 15 minute waiting period) in just under 1 hour.

The one factor that has not improved is the shortage of parking spaces, so if you are going to that site I suggest that you have somebody drop you off and then cruise around the area until you are finished with the process.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:58 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Anyway, to return to the original theme of this thread, I got my second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine today at the Edison Mega-site. Between 2/23--when I got my first dose at that location--and today, the process has been improved to a great extent by the addition of more personnel.

I estimate that there are now about 1/3 more registration stations and a similar increase in vaccination stations. My first visit lasted just under 2 hours, and today I was out the door (after the mandatory 15 minute waiting period) in just under 1 hour.

The one factor that has not improved is the shortage of parking spaces, so if you are going to that site I suggest that you have somebody drop you off and then cruise around the area until you are finished with the process.
Not an option, so I'm going to get there super early (1.5 hour ahead of time), so I have time to park and not be late. Bringing a book, water and cell phone charger.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Not an option, so I'm going to get there super early (1.5 hour ahead of time), so I have time to park and not be late. Bringing a book, water and cell phone charger.
That is a good plan. While policies and procedures likely vary from one site to another, the Edison site now prohibits entry more than 30 minutes prior to one's appointment. They did this because people had been showing-up 2-3 hours early, and the lines were longer than they needed to be because of the early birds.

Bring a book, and if you can't get early entry, just sit in your car and read!

Old 03-17-2021, 07:14 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Gloucester (Rowan) was the only place that had "Book Appointment" under it on the NJ site (the page with the map). It's an hour and a half from where I live, but I don't care. I'm 530 miles away from home right now, and I'll be making that drive next week. An hour and a half is only two podcasts, and it's less time than it used to take me to commute to my job in the city.

Plus I'll get to a see a part of NJ I've never seen before.

Thank YOU for pointing me to that possibility.

I was there a few weeks ago but not getting a vaccine. There wasn't many people there. Hopefully it's not a mad house.

Quote:
Have an appt at the Gloucester mega site tomorrow at 5:15pm.

I'm glad you finally got in. Since you're going to Gloucester, why didn't you just book at Rowan in Stratford? It's not much farther.

Old 03-17-2021, 07:27 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was there a few weeks ago but not getting a vaccine. There wasn't many people there. Hopefully it's not a mad house.

I'm glad you finally got in. Since you're going to Gloucester, why didn't you just book at Rowan in Stratford? It's not much farther.
This is this site reached through the link for the appointment that both Hannah and I accessed via our emails:

Clinic Location: Gloucester County Health - Mega Site
ROWAN COLLEGE OF SOUTH JERSEY - COLLEGE CENTER
SEWELL, NJ 08080

There is no mention of any alternate location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey