Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have You Gotten the Vaccine Yet?
Yes 11 91.67%
No, but planning to get it 0 0%
No, not getting it 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 08:06 AM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thank you for telling me this!!! Know what I'm getting for lunch, that's for sure.
Of course I know of Haddonfield because of the dinosaur. I will make a day of this trip.
Don't forget to visit the incredibly-historic Indian King Tavern! This is where NJ made its official transition from a British colony to a US State. I am not sure whether they are currently giving tours, but if they are, this should not be missed.

https://www.indiankingfriends.org/history/

Old 03-19-2021, 08:36 AM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Don't forget to visit the incredibly-historic Indian King Tavern! This is where NJ made its official transition from a British colony to a US State. I am not sure whether they are currently giving tours, but if they are, this should not be missed.

They're open again.

https://www.indiankingfriends.org/

Old 03-19-2021, 09:41 AM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:

Not sure I'm going to be doing that THE DAY I get my first vaccine shot, lol. But it's good to know! I love NJ history and was not familiar with that.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:12 AM

50,941 posts, read 36,629,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was there a few weeks ago but not getting a vaccine. There wasn't many people there. Hopefully it's not a mad house.

I'm glad you finally got in. Since you're going to Gloucester, why didn't you just book at Rowan in Stratford? It's not much farther.
Only the Sewell campus I believe is doing vaccinations. It’s not run by Rowan itself. It’s also right off 55 which makes the drive easier than Stratford would be IMO. That’s where I got mine. It was very smooth and efficient. It looks like a long line when you get there but it moves quickly. National Guard runs the process except the shots themselves. My fiancé got his at AC Convention Center and his processing was really quick.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:12 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,555,334 times
Quote:
Not sure I'm going to be doing that THE DAY I get my first vaccine shot, lol. But it's good to know! I love NJ history and was not familiar with that.
This college is in the middle of nowhere. I only wanted to get there and get home. If it weren't for Gladys (gps) I would never have found it.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Neither my fiancé nor I had any ill feelings after the shot.

Old 03-19-2021, 11:14 AM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
After my first shot (Pfizer-BioNTech), I had only a mildly-sore arm for a couple of days.
Because of some of the post-vaccine tales of woe, I feared that I might have a more extreme reaction to the second shot, but... nope! My upper arm was mildly-sore for one day, and... that was it, thankfully.

My brother experienced a slight headache for a couple of days after the second shot, but he said that it was not even severe enough to warrant any Tylenol. A friend of mine reported severe gastric upset after his second shot, but his Gastroenterologist is of the belief that it was the result of his eating habits and was not related in any way to his vaccination.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's not what I meant. I meant that I won't be inclined to be going to a public place like a museum an hour after I got the vaccine as if I am immune already!

But to your point, my 70-y.o. sister got her first shot yesterday and feels fine, but my 29-y.o. daughter was sick for a day after hers.

So, we shall see.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
After my first shot (Pfizer-BioNTech), I had only a mildly-sore arm for a couple of days.
Because of some of the post-vaccine tales of woe, I feared that I might have a more extreme reaction to the second shot, but... nope! My upper arm was mildly-sore for one day, and... that was it, thankfully.

My brother experienced a slight headache for a couple of days after the second shot, but he said that it was not even severe enough to warrant any Tylenol. A friend of mine reported severe gastric upset after his second shot, but his Gastroenterologist is of the belief that it was the result of his eating habits and was not related in any way to his vaccination.
Both my nieces felt flu like after the second shot.

Old 03-19-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
This college is in the middle of nowhere. I only wanted to get there and get home. If it weren't for Gladys (gps) I would never have found it.
Oh I will be using my gps, for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey